
Since it wasn't quite low tide yet for the tide pools, we made our way FIRST to Hodad's a few minutes after they opened...
Damn, even though we got there at 11:07, the place was nearly packed, but there was no line outside...yet.

Like our previous visit, we were able to walk to the front and get seated right away.

Not counting the counter area, we literally got the second to the last table!

Interesting stickers near our table. TC noticed the Philippine flag on one of the boards.

More license plates...

Their menu:

Our order of onion rings - nice, thick, and crunchtastic!

TC's Cheeseburger with everything on it.

My Bacon Burger without mustard. I ended up taking out the onion rings and tomatoes. Too thick to hold! I also ended up not eating the bread. It kind of got soggy and I am a messy eater so yeah...

Bert's Guido, a burger that they created for Guy Fieri (ugh)...it has pastrami, caramelized onions, and spicy brown mustard in it.

Bert really enjoyed this, but I didn't like the mustard, just the pastrami!

The first few bites are okay but the rest was overkill which is why I didn't try to finish mine although it was quite tasty and tempting. Service was fast and efficient. Very nice folks here. Lots of people enjoying their over the top burgers plus shakes and fries.
To kill time until 12:40 (low tide), we walked up Newport and hit up a few of the thrift stores, including $2 Thrill. Last time we went here, I bought some bottlecap earrings.

I bought 4 pairs of earrings with a "Day of the Dead" theme. This was one of the pairs.

I liked this one because it was cut out around the skull's hair. Plus, I was wearing my brick red skinnies that day and thought that the earrings would provide a tiny pop of color.
Previous visit to Hodad's:
October 2012
Up next, the tide pools and dessert!


6 comments:
Love those earrings :) I haven't been to Hodad's in a long time but so far it tops S's burger list, hehe.
Mmm... Bacon burger. Must get bacon burger.
hi jinxi - i like them too!
hello soo - thanks for visiting! they put lots of bacon in there!
We were going to try and go to Rocky's or Hodad's last weekend (in Downtown) but then Jake reminded me it was football playoffs weekend.... darn. I haven't been to Hodad's in forever. Guy Fieri is annoying, but I still watch his shows. But that's because I find the places he goes interesting, not him, haha.
I also hate his sunglasses tan line. And all of the jewelry he wears. And whenever he says "Flavor Town"!
Ha ha! That's right! Gawd, he's so lobstered-out. Ugh!
Did you read the reviews on his NYC Times Square restaurant? Totally panned and the food was supposedly really awful!
i bet he wears a pinky ring! Yo' boyyyyyeee!
Post a Comment