"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Rolling Pin Donuts

Ironically, they served Rolling Pin donuts at Element Coffee where we just had our caffeine fix...

However, since we were here in Camarillo, and given the choice, I would rather have donuts at the source, so here we were...

How can you NOT pass up a place with a sign like this? How?

There were locals/old timers off to the side, the only covered seating. We would just take our donuts to go. They have strange hours but I was glad they had what I really wanted.


They had Tiger Tails (tempted but it was too big and we didn't want it to go bad after a few bites) and a wide variety of donuts. Nothing fancy or gourmet or hipster.  They were out of their blueberry donuts but that didn't matter. I only wanted one thing.

OMG. Yes, this was IT. The chocolate chip ROLL.

We only got two donuts.  A plain glazed for TC and that amazing chocolate chip crusted creation which Bert and I enjoyed later at the beach in Carpinteria, but I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Cute bag!

Sadly, this glazed didn't taste too good. TC said it tasted "heavy" (and I did take a bite and agreed that it was dense and not fluffy) A few bites then it was deep sixed. Sad meerkat.



What better backdrop to enjoy this donut than at the beach.  A bite or two into this and you hit the chocolate filling. OMG, this was really good! That's all I can say man.

We weren't expecting to go to the beach later (hence my jeans; the only time I wore jeans this whole summer; and no towels to sit on or an umbrella to shade us) but wanted to have a small rest break here.

I wish a donut shop in San Diego would make something like this! This is one of Rolling Pin Donuts signature donuts. What would make it even better would be a double chocoate chip donut roll! Chocolate overload!

Rolling Pin Donuts
2153 Las Posas Rd.
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 482-8711

There is no website but here are the reviews from that four lettered site & tripadvisor

Next stop, a cute beach town...

No comments: