
Clock above shows the time we left. We arrived an hour earlier and took a little break here since we were no rush to get to Santa Barbara just yet which is why we stopped by this place. You can't miss it since there is a giant giraffe in front.

for some decent non-Starbucks coffee...
Element Coffee is in what is termed "Old Town Camarillo". We'd never been to this city before so why not make it a stop, eh. Plus it was the closest thing to hipsterish coffee in Camarillo.


They use beans from Wild Goose Coffee Roasters in Redlands, CA. I wish I had known about this when we went to Redlands last year. We would have gone. We were up there for a funeral and ended up going to Stell Coffee that morning, which we liked. From what I've read, Element used to use Verve Coffee but switched to Wild Goose because the owner's friend owns it. Anyhow...


Our three drinks. You probably already know what TC got.

My macchiato con panna. By the time I took the photo, the house made whipped cream on top had deflated a bit. Not as pretty I know, but hey, this is one of the few times I will have whipped cream on top of my coffee. Not that Cool Whip crap but the real kind. It added a cool sweetness when sipping on the drink.


This, surprisingly was Bert's drink, the Black and Tan. It was coffee with milk on top. When he first brought it to the table, you could see the separate layers but it settled and then looked more milk. Bert liked his drink, lactose be damned. TC had a chai latte (a hot one this time). That was such a huge cup and she ended up getting it to go later. Her latte wasn't as spicy as some she's tried in the past, which was good. Everytime she offers me a sip, I usually pass because after I smell it (yes, I do that), it just reminds me of potpourri. Not too thrilled to have spices in any beverage I try.

The baristas here, at least on the day we went, were so very nice and friendly. She seemed interested if we enjoyed our drinks.

There is a lot of seating inside the coffee shop along with tables in the covered walkways and outside tables as well.

Parking is street, out in front. There is also parking in the back alley which we didn't know until we drove around it. This was a decent stop and thank goodness they had a bathroom!
Element Coffee
2364 Ventura Blvd.
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 482-0036
www.elementcoffeelounge.com + reviews from you know where
Our next stop was a few minutes away. I saw this place while doing online "research" and knew we HAD to go there...


No comments:
Post a Comment