
we headed out towards the Manila Mesa area for some dessert.
Jinxi hadn't been to this place yet and we could not deny her suggestion!

My craving for Paris Baguette's many temptations would have to wait...Plus it was a weekend and none of us wanted to deal with their shiteous parking lot...
Yogurt Swirl is in the Black Mountain Village strip mall, the one that used to have Bamboo Hut. It's also the strip mall next to Pho Lucky and Lucky Supermarket.

Yogurt Swirl's menu. Shaved ice doesn't excite me as much as the Shaved Snow!

Toppings - maraschino cherries, various jellies (including a COFFEE one! that's new!), and those juice popper/egg roe looking things.
.The other toppings: cookie dough bites, rainbow mochi bites, and various fresh fruits. It was funny...Kirbie and I were trying to figure out which topping would look "prettier" on the flavors that were chosen!

The unadorned snow ice....looks so gorgeous!

Taro and Sesame with strawberries and mini rainbow mochi bites (so cute) with condensed milk drizzled on top!

This was a much better idea, sharing a "large" between the five of us. This way, we could get TWO flavors and see the beauty that is "Shaved Snow" (or "fluff ice" as they call it at Angels & Hearts). A "small" is served in a large paper yogurt cup, but you can't really see the ice ribbons and layers.

I was surprised to see the sesame flavor so "light". Maybe I was thinking of "black sesame". It tasted almost like peanut butter.

The colors looked so pretty together! Dig in!

I just love the look of those flaky ribbons...
Previous visit to Yogurt Swirl here...
Aaagh, back to work means less time to explore and less time to blog! Bear with me if I'm not my usual prolific self.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'm still trying to finish that damn book, "Game of Thrones" (book one). I'm almost done!!!! It's a goal of mine to finish it AND the second so I can be caught up.


5 comments:
Yumyumyumyumyum :P
I'm craving it again just reading your post!!
Oh. My. Goodness. Never did I think it would look like this. Kicking myself for not being able to make it. This really looks wonderful.
Great choice Jinxi!
cathy - omfg, you HAVE to try this!!!!!!
Nice shot of all those layers! I have to say that I enjoyed this much more than I had anticipated. Hard to pick which one I liked better. I want some. I still have the discount Kirbie's DH gave us so I think I'll need to go back shortly.
At least you live closer to Yogurt Swirl! lucky! now you have to try the different flavors!
Post a Comment