
It was close by and everyone was down for some tacos and mariscos...
This table was outside but we moved inside because our group was too large for the patio seating (seats only 4 per table). The downside of sitting inside was the overly loud music.

View from our table.

Specials:

FYI - arrachera is skirt steak (or what my mom called 'flap meat')

Ostiones are oysters.
Bone up on your Spanish dudes. I got the same thing I had before, an octopus taco and a gobernador. Since I was with five others, there was some 'variety' for this post, so yay for that.

Their specials are pretty good here especially with their portions. Plus, you get a cup of consomme (broth) with your meal. I didn't get it since I had two a la carte items.

The orange habanero sauce is so good but will do "something" to you later.

Cucumber (pepino) agua fresca (two of my colleagues got this refreshing drink):

The consomme - it was just broth, no fish pieces or vegetables.

Lime wedges and pickled onions added even more flavor to our mariscos meals.

My coworker got a combo which included two types of ceviche tostadas - shrimp and fish PLUS a fish taco. This was insane! One tostada was enough for a full meal!


La Ley's flautas combo which was supposed to have two shrimp and fish flautas. For whatever reason, she was served five pieces. I've never had shrimp flautas before so maybe this might be something to try next time I go here (I want to bring Bert).

I'm boring. Same items as before - gobernador and pulpo tacos. Thee were so delicious and filling and messy to eat or maybe it's because I'm a messy eater.

Look at 'dem skrimps. Juicy and thick.

A few other coworkers had the same order (gobernador and fish tacos). La Ley has only been to the taco truck. She liked this sit down location so much she said she would bring her husband and kids here next time. So glad that my coworkers liked this place, especially after Mr. TJ and I recommended it.
Previous visit to Tijuana JR:
April 2017 - my lunch excursion with Mr. TJ
The tacos here are excellent (well made and delicious) and filling. The prices are decent (not dirt cheap but not stupidly ridiculously expensive like those hipster taco joints north of the 8). We have it good here in Chula Vista!


No comments:
Post a Comment