
(remember that pink bench)
we did the short walk over from Tribute Pizza over to North Park's latest darling...
the VERY pink (and green) Holy Matcha.

I wanted to try the lemonade that Astroboi had last time, but actually changed my mind and ended up getting the Premium matcha, prepared traditional with a whisk and served in a chawan (bowl). Bert got the iced matcha latte. He normally doesn't like green tea anything but wanted to order something I hadn't already had (how nice).

The premium matcha's chawan is PINK! I love it!

The iced matcha latte was quite nice...I believe the owner recommended it with coconut milk which made Bert happy (milk + Bert = bad times).

Since there was no seating inside - it was literally a zoo in there, I snagged the empty bench outside the establishment.

So pretty and man, was this strong!

I liked the latte with coconut milk better than mine actually but at least I can cross traditional matcha off my 'to try' list.


As I was waiting for Bert to arrive with the drinks, a group of fabulous men came out giddily raving about how much they loved the decor. I suggested to them to check out the bathroom because it was REALLY pretty. One guy got excited and said, "OMG, I'm going to go pee right now, 'bye!". He actually did go back in too, ha ha.
As if the caffeine from the green tea weren't enough, I suggested one of our favorite coffee spots, Caffe Calabria. Hell, we were going to be up all night (and morning) waiting for TC to get back so I needed all the help I could get. Plus, green tea didn't really do it for me, I needed the unmistakable taste of actual espresso.


Yes, yes and yes.
If you haven't tried their pizza yet, give it a shot. We had the Quattro Stagione pizza back in 2015 and loved it.

I snapped up a corner table, bathed in light.


Two types of baklava (pistachio and hazelnut), affogato for me as well as espresso con panna (the one in front) plus a mocha for Bert.


These were both excellent but if I had to choose, I would pick the hazelnut over the pistachio any day. Bert, the opposite.

I'm hoping that the panna was housemade. It's my goal to try as many different versions possible of espresso con panna at my favorite coffee shops. Research.

Mocha with almond milk. Yeah, we were going to be wired.

Having affogato is the only time I allow hot to mix with cold.

Aaaand that's a wrap.
Previous visit to Holy Matcha:
May 2017
Previous visit to Caffe Calabria:
January 2016
We spent the night watching the John Woo fim, "A Better Tomorrow" (1986), starring a VERY young Chow Yun-Fat. This was the iconic restaurant shootout scene.
The previous night, we watched "The Killer"...Man, it's been awhile since we revisited the magic that is a John Woo action film...
All I have to say is, "the caffeine helped" but I totally crashed out the next day, Mother's Day and was pretty much running on fumes.


2 comments:
Ooh excited to hear the pizza is coming back. I had some awesome pictures that I never had a chance to share. We haven't tried anything else there though (not coffee drinkers). I feel like pulling out my Caffe Calabria mug to celebrate and we'll drink tea instead.
Hi Lynn, I didn't even realize it was gone! Hopefully you and Dennis can try the pizza here. They also serve cocktails (which I haven't had) if you don't like coffee.
Post a Comment