"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

IC Monster with Astroboi + fun at Vinh Hung

We were curious to try this new dessert place in Mira Mesa...

The store front may look familiar...

because it USED to be T-POP. Well, that place sure didn't last long.

(photo from my "T-Pop Desserts & More" post from May 2015)

As you walk in, there is a huge wall mural of various monsters with cute names.



Their decor was cute. Too cute.

I liked their lucky cat but noticed that the date blocks were wrong.

Our drinks:

Astroboi's Sweet Black Tea:

My Butterfly Pea Lemonade with lychee popping boba (the cashier suggested it; the other flavor was passionfruit she felt "clashed" with this flavor so she did not recommendit):



Both drinks were pretty good. Astroboi's drink was very nice, not overly sweet but sweet enough to be pleasant to drink and not feel like your teeth were decaying with each sip. As for mine. the color was really cool; I love purple anything.  When I first got it, it was pink on top because that is where the lemonade was. Once mixed, the drink became more purple (depending on how much acid is in there, the pH level changes, as does the color of the drink). I ended up sipping only a little bit and saving it on the way home so Bert and TC could try it. The popping boba I could do without. It felt weird having this thin skinned sphere burst in my mouth.

I have no shame taking photos in the bathroom. I mean, no one sees me. Well, this was taken because of the tile detail. I texted it to Astroboi and his response was...

(gross, a guy must have used this previously - toilet seat is UP dammit)

"Say no to chevron tile!!!"

What? I thought it was pretty interesting. Better than a plain floor.

While walking back to the car...

Yes please to Ube Overload.

Our last stop of the day was at Vinh Hung. I wanted to get a few ingredients for fresh spring roll wraps...


Of course, we got sidetracked by the various products such as this "mould of spong cake" (no "e"), heh.

This was another mold - not sure if this is for a cake or something else but there is an old dude for the design.

I like the Three Ladies brand for the rice papers (along with the one with the red rose on it).

Beans, corn and tropical fruits. These were the shelves for halo halo ingredients.

I saved the best for last...because we still have a juvenile sense of humor...

Only $2.39! Take that Ralphs or Vons! Oh wait, they don't sell these phallic fungi!

Who else has been to IC Monster?
My good fried Kirbie went when they first opened as well as Mary

Previou visit to Vinh Hung:
Sept 2015

IC Monster
8945 Mira Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 705-4678

fb page + reviews from you know where

Astroboi's Birthday Foodcrawl in order:
Olympic Cafe (newly reopened)
Scene from Hillcrest and PB...plus the new Better Buzz
and of course, this last post!

No comments: