
We met up at Mr. TJ's house for some light appetizers and Kir Royales before heading off to dinner and prom...

over in Mission Hills...
We were here two years ago and like before, enjoyed the slightly spiced popcorn they serve as pre-meal snacks.

This time, we had another co-worker join us...
I had the pinot grigio, Mr. TJ had a martini with blue cheese stuff olives (this garnish is utterly disgusting to me) while La Ley had a beer and our colleage had a mule.




We ordered three appetizers and a pizza to share.

Roasted cauliflower:

Brussels and bacon (lardons):

La Ley ordered the honey cornbread, which took awhile to come out. According to our waiter, this was one of Brooklyn Girl's most popular items. The cornbread was warm and slathered in honey (garnished with a honeycob on top). The crust was also delicious. I could have eaten just this and be happy.

Our pizza, Victoria's Choice (wild rocket, Taleggio cheese, black Mission figs and caramelized onions).


Ah, you can see one of the figs there! This was delicious. A great combination of salty, bitter and sweet.
Musical reference - "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn" by the Beastie Boys. This came out while I was in high school. I wasn't a fan of the BB back then and even now, not so much (RIP Adam Yauch, aka MCA). The remaining members are now in their 50's! What!
Previous visit to Brooklyn Girl:
Two years ago!
I will have to take Bert here next time for date night just to try that honey corn bread!


No comments:
Post a Comment