"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Recent drinks from Starbucks

I was at the Otay Ranch Town Center recently with a few friends...

as we passed Barnes and Noble, I saw a poster for a refreshing coffee drink at the Starbucks Cafe within...

Curious, I ordered it especially since my friend told me that she really likes that drink, which happened to be the Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato. Plus, I had a teacher appreciation gift card (although I'm not a teacher) given to me recently by one of my seniors. I also saved 10% since I have Barnes and Noble membership (nice perk).

Here it is...

The coconut milk was thick  for a few sips but evened out after I mixed it. The mocha drink was nice since the drink didn't have actual dairy. Very refreshing too since it was pretty hot that day.

The next week (whic was today), I returned with Bert and TC. She had a junior exhibition at her school which we attended. Before heading home, she asked to come here to buy a book...

When I saw the specials sign, I wanted to try the "Beauty and the Beast" inspired "Enchanted Rose" drink. Bert wanted what I had last time (yes, an iced drink) while TC got her normal Mocha java chip frapp.



I normally don't get drinks with whipped cream but the guy working the register said the drink would look "prettier" with the whipped cream on top. How could I refuse, ha ha.

The "Enchanted Rose" drink is white chocolate blended with strawberries and topped with matcha drizzle and matcha powder.  The drink was faintly pink and green. It was also super sweet.

Not as colorful as the infamous and wildly popular Unicorn Frappe from a month or so ago...

Here is the enchanted rose from "Beauty and the Beast". When I looked up enchanted rose on YouTube, a bunch of DIY tutorials came up. I guess making Enchanted Rose replicas from the movie is a thing.

Bert and his drink...




I thought my drink would have more "green tea" flavor but it was mostly the white chocolate strawberry.  I tried looking up the drink online and noticed that the exact same drink was offered last year but under the name, "Cherry Blossom Frappucino". Exact ingredients and look.   It was first offered last year but this drink has been offered in Japan since 2010.

A few weeks early, Bert and I were killing time while TC and her boyfriend were over at Bing Haus. We dropped them off and killed time in the area. Using the same giftcard, I used it for this new drink below.

My drink didn't quite match the appearance on the poster but man, was this sweet.


I really liked it though, sky high sugar levels and all. I loved that this had dark chocolate cocoa layered with whipped cream combined with the refreshing mint taste.  I hope this drink is here to stay!

Starbucks Cafe (multiple locations)
@Barnes & Noble
Otay Ranch Town Center
2015 Birch Rd., Suite 700
Chula Vista, CA 91915

barnesandnoble.com + reviews from yelp

Starbucks (multiple locations)
4380 Kearny Mesa Rd., Suite A
San Diego, CA 92111

www.starbucks.com (Kearny Mesa & Armour location) + reviews from you know where

I still have a few dollars left on the Starbucks gift card.I  may bide my time until a new drink comes along to try out or I can get that dark mocha mint drink again!

No comments: