"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Mexico Lindo relocation

I was bummed that one of my favorite childhood bakeries closed more than a year or so ago...

I read online that they were relocating...


to the southwest corner of E and Broadway in this stripmall.

These photos were taken earlier this year and you can see that the windows are blocked with butcher paper. La Ley received a text (she doesn't even know how the bakery got her phone number, which was odd) that they would be reopening this spring. Well, it's a few months after that text and the place is still closed looking.


Panning slightly to the right is a now defunct pizza place, Napolimania Pizzeria. According to the last yelp entry, this place closed last March 2016.

Wondering if and when this bakery will even reopen. They had some of the best orejas (palmiers) I've ever had and Cathy really liked their nut meringues.

Here is an older shot from their previous location in the now mostly dead stripmall on the southwest corner of H and Broadway.

(photo from my "Mexico Lindo Bakery" post from Nov. 2013)

Previous posts about Mexico Lindo:
November 2013 plus this compilation post (also from the same month) and a more recent compilation post from 2015

I'm not sure what the hold up is but I will continue to check whenever I'm in the area...

No comments: