
Yes, Big Joy! But I prefer to call it the Happy Happy Joy Joy Bakery!
Wasn't I just there last week with C from CAB Cooks? Well, yes, but hey, I wanted to go again and entice Bert and TC with their offerings. Here's the view from our corner...

I ordered macarons to share: Sea Salt Caramel (Yesss! They had it this time!), Pistachio, Blueberry and Raspberry, which was the black one. The filling was raspberry. The girl at the counter said it was special for Halloween only. The food coloring was pretty dark for that one. It almost left a stain on my jeans. The Sea Salt Caramel was excellent with intense flavors. Bert of course, enjoyed the Pistachio. The Blueberry again was fantastic.

Bert ordered a Caramel Coffee and a slice of Mocha cake. The cup in which the coffee was served was very beautiful. It turned out to be the patter Platinum Palladium by Mikasa. So pretty, although I think the cups should be served with their sauces instead of directly on the table. I'm

Look at that caramel filling just oozing out...

Humminah!
So far we've tried almost all of their flavors. I can't bring myself to get the Green Tea (since I don't like that flavor) or vanilla.
Turns out I would be visiting this place again. I think those chicks already recognize me!


6 comments:
OMG! Can you believe I have never had a macaron yet?!?! I was going to the other week when I went out with friends, but I ended up getting key lime pie instead. I know. I ALWAYS get key lime pie. I promise to try some macarons next time. They look amazing!
I love how you and Bert (and TC) go out together and try out all these amazing desserts, drinks/coffees, and food! That's a tradition we should start in our household! :)
hi c - wut? i can't believe it! ask your friend the baker to make some! :)
we try to go out every friday night (using coupons) - just to get out. we don't go out on weekdays because of work/school (for tc). weekends are the only time to enjoy going places.
I really want to try the Halloween one and the salted caramel. You know, macs can be shipped.
hi cab - the raspberry one tastes pretty good. i don't know about the black color though. it's kind of unappetizing but it does look cool. it would be nicer looking if it was all the same color. the salted caramel was amazing. you can really taste the salt (not in a bad way) and the way the caramel oozes out. you definitely have to try that flavor if you go there again.
i too have never had one, but those look damn scrumptious! where is this place at by the way?
hi dd - it's on convoy, next to phuong trang vietnamese restaurant. it's in the "convoy plaza" strip mall. i think you'd like the macarons there!
Post a Comment