
The place was going to close within 45 minutes but there was still enough time to enjoy some coffee and desserts...
We've always passed by this place everytime we've visited the Ferry Landing. They do serve lunch and dinner here and as is evident, they serve a wide variety of desserts (cookies, brownies, cakes slices and exquisite pastries). I was enamored of those glass dome covers. I wish all bakeries would utilize those. Keeps them pesky flies off the goods, eh.


We got both of the pistachio desserts...

and sat in what I called the "antisocial corner". I always hate sitting in the middle and next to people epecially; if there are many empty tables around, I will always choose the one farthest from anyone.

See Bert's back? That was our corner.

Framed artwork in the shape of Coronado Island at the end of the hallway near the bathroom.

Hell, even though it was night time, I was up for some coffee. We'd be staying up late anyways to watch my latest obsession, "Downton Abbey". MFH was kind enough to let me borrow her boxed set with Seasons 1-4. We are only up to the third episode thus far.

Our coffee drinks (iced mocha for me) and our duo of pistachio desserts - the Chocolate Pistachio bread pudding which had an unholy amount of whipped cream, and the Ricotta pistachio tart. Our waiter by the way, was super nice and said the bread pudding was one of his favorites.

The crust of the tart was so good. This may also look like cheesecake but it was much lighter, less sweet and not as "thick" as a cheesecake.


Bert really enjoyed the bread pudding because it was served warm; me, not so much. The next morning however, when it was cold right out of the fridge was another story! I loved it. All that whipped cream was kind of gross. It looked like ice cream but it wasn't. Ugh.

Other than the whipped cream overload, this dessert was awesome! TC enjoyed the leftovers the next day.
Before heading back home, we snapped a few shots of the San Diego skyline...

Looks quite magical at night...
Tartine
1106 First St.
Coronado, CA 92118
(619) 435-4323
tartinecoronado.com
We want to go here again for lunch (and dessert) in the very near future...


4 comments:
We went here when it first opened...and must go back! Looks so good. Maybe they were emptying out the whipped cream since it was the end of the night...
At first I thought it was ice cream, but it wasn't melting like ice cream would have. ugh. all that whipped cream was just too much.
before we got our desserts, another server mistakenly set down two plates of what looked like a very good meal (salads with waffles!), but sadly, we had to tell bim it was not our order. i want to eat that next time, haha.
Man, I haven't been here in years. I like that they have a dog friendly patio (that I remember). Maybe I'll bring Maya here sometime for a little afternoon snack. That ricotta pistachio tart sounds/looks like heaven! Was the pistachio flavor strong? It does look a lot like cheesecake.
I'd like to have an actual meal here one day. There were many customers that had their dogs on the patio both evenings that we went. I'm sure Maya would enjoy their company. :)
The pistachio flavor was present in the crust (nice!) but not as strong in the rest of the tart. what looked like cheesecake was the ricotta which was lighter and fluffier than heavy cheesecake. it was a great dessert.
Post a Comment