"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

More pitstops - Gorman & Kettleman City

While driving through the LA where we were met with craptastic traffic, I found amusement with this truck...

Heh heh, he said "nuts"....

We had quite a ways to go and unlike TC who was asleep for the majority of the drive, Bert and I took turns driving...

and listening to our various cd's and tinkering with the radio stations as we headed up our great Golden State...


It was nearly time to buy some gas and also to use the uh, facilities...

at this gas station which I'm sure is used to getting all kinds of customers every minute of the day.

We usually like to eat the rest of our Cream Pan pastries here. This is also the point of our trip where I drive because it's pretty dead on the way up and it's a straight shot up.

I forget how long it took for us to get to Kettleman City, but it was time for a snack...

I noticed that their prices were slightly higher than the In-n-Out in Otay Ranch (east CV), a dime more to be precise.

A cheeseburger (no onions) and a hamburger (with grilled onions) for us to share.


It was getting pretty warm out already....

We made do with our snacks, fresh grapes and some chips...

Rather than going straight up the 5 to get to the 580, we headed west on the 152.  A few days prior, there was an earthquake in Napa Valley which slightly affected San Francisco.  Ever the pessimist, I totally did NOT want to drive on the Oakland Bay Bridge to get to SF, so I asked Simon if we could approach our destination from under, rather than over. We'd take the 152 to the 101 to get up to SF. We weren't staying in the city anyways, but rather, in the quiet neighborhood of Parkside, right above the SF Zoo where the wedding would take place...

No bridges for me, but a little bit more of a meandering drive, which took us through Gilroy...

No comments: