
The same guy who made our sandwiches last year was there along with Cheryl Dagostaro, the very friendly and chattty owner...
we remarked on her Hogwarts shirt seen peeking beneath her apron and the conversation was then launched into her amazing visit to the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida. She is a recent convert to the books and is now hooked. I remember reading the books when I was still pregnant with TC and eagerly awaiting each book and movie installment. But I digress...
The place still looks the same from last year. TC and I love looking at all of the framed photos and posters of the classic rock acts, especially the Beatles.


Had to use my coupon but even without it, we would go here again. So many good choices. This time, we got just one sandwich and one salad to share. Robert Plant (on the napkin dispenser) would be watching over our meal, haha.


TC's "Slickwich" (basically a BLT with ham) served on her choice of white bread with two sides - a pickle spear (I opted out of mine) and pretzels. My salad was the "Woodstock" with the feta on the side (TC had some of it while I had NONE, by choice). My salad was so fresh with the fluffy baby lettuce, crunchy hazelnuts and the juice ripe strawberries.



Yes....Coupons.

The heatwave from the previous week had already subsided but the temp's were still pretty warm, low 80's. Some refreshing beverages were in order here...and yes, we were going to use that coupon. Why not use it, since Subterranean is just down the street from the sandwich place. I like being efficient that way.

I got the old brewed iced coffee while TC chose a caramel Italian cream soda. Both for the whopping price of $2.75 when it should have been $3. Thank you coupon and salesgirl who didn't take off the lower price but the higher priced item instead.


Very refreshing the drinks were. I may have put too much cream in mine though. I'm just glad I can handle the caffeine!
Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean" - I wish I could go back in time so I could see them live!
All bow down to Jimmy Page!
Previous visit to the Classic Rock Sandwich Shoppe:
October 2013 with TC
Previous visit to Subterranean Coffee Boutique:
September 2013 with Cathy of mmm-yoso in which we tried to go to 30th Street Cafe but went to the Haven instead. Sadly, 30th Street Cafe is now closed though.
It's always nice saving a few bucks and it's even better when the food or drinks are good!


No comments:
Post a Comment