
I'm glad we weren't that far up the freeway and were able to get to Fudd's bright and early. Del Mar Rendezvous would have to wait until next Saturday (post is forthcoming)...
Of course, I had one o' these...

Although the fish and chips looked enticing, we all chose to get 1/3 lb. burgers.

We snagged the Beatles booth (again!)...

Bert's, our onion rings, mine (I had extra lettuce to eat on the "side" as salad), and TC's (with the American cheese slice).

If you want to be a cheapskate and save $1 on a $%#@ cheese slice, just squirt some of their hot cheese into those mini cups and spread that on your burger. They also have cheese with jalapenos in it if you like yours spicy.
Our burgers were cooked medium and hit the spot.

Before leaving, we saw the baker in action, buttering the buns, then sprinkling sesame seeds on the top.

There are really nice folks who work here. The guy who rang us up was also the manager and he later came to our table to see if everything was all right. Nice service!
For dessert, we just walked across the street to Sweet Sisters Bakery & Cafe.

They had a variety of danishes and fruit and cream cheese filled pastries (guava was one option). Their cookies below were also new. I didn't like the look of the pistachio cookie since it was "too green"/artificial.

The view from our window; you can see Fuddrucker's across the street.

Our desserts (minus Bert's coffee):

For TC, a vanilla macaron with chocolate ganache filling.

Just a few bites for me of this puff pastry twist. I didn't care too much for this because it was dry and tasteless. This was so inferior compared to the puff pastry offerings from Paris Baguette. This was a waste of $1.60.

We all shared Bert's Apple caramel cheesecake...

Of the three desserts, I liked the cheesecake the best. The macaron was okay; I liked the contrast of the chocolate filling with the vanilla shells.
And because I'm juvenile...
Darrel Hammond rules!
Previous visit to
December 2013
Previous visit to Sweet Sisters Bakery & Cafe:
February 2014
Speaking of Del Mar Rendezvous...I was able to go with the very awesome and amazing Astroboi whom I hadn't seen since our horrid experience with the dismal offerings of the Zion foodcourt earlier this year...
Our lunch and dessert date would prove to be much better...those posts coming up next!

2 comments:
Was the apple caramel on the inside of the cheesecake? I couldn't see it, haha. I like plain cheesecake myself, I have almost never liked it when there's "stuff" inside. Maybe the Fuddrucker's near you is way better, the one in Mission Valley sucks. I have never been to the one in Mira Mesa either since Fuddrucker's does not fill me with joy. haha. But you can't turn down free birthday food!
you know, come to think of it, the caramel was the drizzle on the outside. the apples were inside, chopped up. that kinda sux.
omg, i love the fudd's near us. totally laid back there. very chill.
Post a Comment