
found through using that four lettered site. Yes. I used it.
It was time to caffeinate ourselves before our long drive up...
It was quite packed inside and out. For a coffee shop, this was a pretty big space although you can't tell by the photo below.

Wonder what I got?

Same old same old!
Our eyes were big, but we reined it in, especially after our breakfast over at Cream Pan.

OMG, those tarts looked so good! I like that name Black Widow!
But wait, what was this???

Well, it was my birthday (extended) celebration after all...I just had to have that huckleberry donut from that hipster "doughnut" joint, Sidecar!
Below, our drinks and the donut that we nibbled on...(which TC later finished that evening).

I think that was supposed to be a feather in D's drink (a white chocolate orange coffee drink). In any case, it's a rather crappy looking one. I don't think their latte art is up to par, haha. KD had a coffee too (not sure what kind) while TORC passed on the coffee.
As you may have guessed, this was my iced mocha, which was pretty damn good.

This is the third time I've had Sidecar's Huckleberry Donuts...

As pricy as this was ($3), I really liked that they use real huckleberries in the glaze and in the batter itself. None of that dehydrated freeze dried shit.

We were lucky to find a table, except that it was in front of Jersey Mike's. At least they didn't kick us out!
There used to be an old Hanna Barbera character called "Huckleberry Hound"...
I barely remember watching this lame cartoon. The Hanna Barbera cartoon series that I liked watching were: "The Flintstones", "The Jetsons" and "Scooby Doo". Otherwise, I despised "Yogi Bear" , "Grape Ape", and "Jabber Jaw". TC likes old episodes of "Tom & Jerry", which were kind of violent-lite, perhaps a precursor to the Simpsons' "Itchy & Scratchy".
If Bert, TC and I do another road trip up, we will pay this place a visit and try some of their other drinks and pastries.
Kean Coffee
13681 Newport Ave
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 838-5326
www.keancoffee.com
With caffeine coursing through our veins, we were ready to hit the road again...SGV bound!

4 comments:
This looks like a very nice place. I hope we can stop here to try it...the pastries...so close to Cream Pan...
hi cathy - it was so $%#@ crowded though, but had a nice selection of coffee and pastries.
Ooh, I like the name of the Black Widow tart, too! Nice that you were able to snag that donut, too. Yum! I love the color on it. I didn't like Yogi Bear, either, I thought it was dumb. I never saw Grape Ape or Jabber Jaw but I also diligently watched the Flintstones, Jetsons and Scooby - Scooby was my favorite by far!
hi mary - yogi bear was so, uh "Mentally challenged" (that's the PC word, haha)! the black widow tart is probably a dark chocolae ganache.
grape ape was a stupid purple gorilla and jabber jaw was a lame shark. i barely remember those cartoons.
Post a Comment