"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, April 25, 2014

Tapioca Express

I was looking through "saved" drafts and found this old TapEx post from nearly two years ago...

I'm not one for these types of drinks, but I do remember the Educator GF's and I dropping by here on of our epic food crawls...

This was the Bonita location and we were on the tail end of our foodcrawl. It may have been for KD or TORC's birthday. In any case, both KD and I got drinks here for our girls...

who were at my place watching TV and baking cookies with Bert while the mom's were out.

Milk tea for KDD and a jackfruit slushie for TC...

At least, that's what I think this was...got cobwebs in my brain.

Now this was more recent. Like YESTERDAY recent.  I had to do errands in this area with TC and we stopped by for a treat for her at the Eastlake location.

I thought the name of these fries were funny. So, is this like "Kiki sushi"?

What about "Spotted Dick"?

The owners of this location are Filipino and have longanisa fries on their snack menu.

No snacks today for us. Just a watermelon milk drink with boba for TC...

The t-shirt worn by TC features one of her favorite bands (of the pop punk genre), All Time Low. It's one of the bands that she likes that I also like!

Because the band hails from Baltimore, Maryland, TC wants to one day visit the city. I've been there before on an educators trip to the Naval Academy in nearby Annapolis. I'd totally go on an East Coast trip just for the seafood! Baltimore is also the setting for many (if not all) of John Waters' films ("Pink Flamingos", "Hairspray", "Crybaby", "Serial Mom", etc)...

Tapioca Express (in Bonita)
4366 Bonita Road
Bonita, CA 91902
(619) 434-8312

Tapioca Express  (in Eastlake)
1480 Eastlake Parkway
Chula Vista, CA 91913
(619) 421-8988

www.tapiocaexress.com

There's another TapEx closer to my parents' on Palm Ave, just a few doors down from Teresita's...Too bad this place doesn't offer giftcards anymore. They're the perfect gift for TC and her friends since they all like these slushie/boba places.

2 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

I've been to the Tapioca Express near SDSU as well as the one inside 'your' Seafood City with some regularity this year...easy food and beverages (when you ask for something with no sweetener, it is almost bitter!)(fried tofu on Fridays is a good Lent meal)

caninecologne said...

TC is definitely the TapEx fan in our household!