
I was curious to see if she had any new macaron flavors and to try a wider ranger of her offerings...
As with yesterday, there were only three dessert offerings, but this time, there was more than one cake on the tray, which made the case look "fuller". That day she had strawberry shortcake with her red velvet (the one MFH and I wanted the day prior).

She had a couple of new flavors, the Pineapple Tajin (yes!) and chocolate (the one with the green shell; it's like Brodard's). I thought it was chocolate mint at first but it wasn't. I only got the pineapple one...

Bert and I shared an iced Mostra cold brew coffee while TC tried the coconut milk tea, which was actually pretty good!

A big difference was that the desserts were served on paper plates with plastic forks, the total opposite of the day before when we had vintage saucers and actual silverware. Perhaps this was due to not wanting to wash dishes or no clean dishes available?
We tried the Pineapple Tajin along with her newer batch of the Chamango flavor. She said it was flatter because the chamoy got soaked into the filling.

It still didn't quite taste like a chamango since the chamoy flavor, although more pronounced this time than the other day, was still not as noticeable. Cammie was still experimenting with blending both the chamoy and chaca chaca flavors. On the other hand, the Pineapple Tajin mac was excellent! I hope she offers this flavor on a regular basis! Tajin is that chili powder that is used on Mexican fruit salads with cut up jicama, cucumber, mango, strawberries, and watermelon. You can see some of the Tajin granules in the filling...
The Red Velvet cake:

The cute flower shaped halves weren't quite matched up and didn't look as nice. The cake itself was moist, but the look was a bit unpolished.
We liked the Strawberry Shortcake, especially the very fresh and light whipped cream filling.

It was nice seeing the owner Cammie again and introducing her to Bert and TC. She really has a warm and cheerful personality. Shortly after we sat down, a large group came in and ordered a lot of her macarons and desserts. Turns out they were friends of hers, there to support her! That's the way it should be!
See my first visit here!
April 2014
The Grand Opening will be Saturday, May 17th...I'm not sure if I'll stop by since I have other plans that day with Astroboi ("Hello there you!"). In any case, I will be back once she settles in and expands her menu.

No comments:
Post a Comment