Of course I didn't. I don't forget anything! Especially grudges, but I digress.
April was a busy month with my birfday and all...hyuk hyuk
I'll be doing those posts as well as these here Oregon posts until they're oozing out of my pores like pus from a gangrenous sore.

With that lovely image in mind, let's hit the road Jack and onto the Fremont Bridge!
The Fremont Bridge is the most modern bridge of the eight bridges in PDX. It is a steel tied bridge and traverses over the Willamette River, connecting North Portland to the I-5.

Our route had us leave Portland and enter Washington (and later ended up back in Oregon).

Logs galore! Timber is one of the major industries in Longview, Washington.

I forgot the name of this bridge but...

it brought us back to Oregon...

As we made a right...

we pulled off the side of the road where they had a lookout point.

Starting from the west....

Looking out over the Port of Longview in Washington state.

You can see a freight ship at the far right edge...

The sun was starting to come out, so that was a good sign. When we arrived in Portland two days earlier, we looked at the weather forecast and saw that Monday would be the BEST day to go because no rain was predicted and the temperatures would be in the high 50's or low 60's.

We made sure to set aside Monday for our trip to the Oregon Coast...

We drove through a lot of small towns and saw lots and lots of trees!
I'm glad we left really early that morning because we wanted to maximize our time checking the different sights at our first destination...
Up next, Astoria!


No comments:
Post a Comment