"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's 2017

The windows of Beef 'n Bun change with the holidays thanks to Dano!

(photo courtesy of cathy of mmm-yoso, 2.14.17)

Next month, there should be some shamrocks and a leprechaun (a good one, not an evil one)...

But first, Valentine's Day..

Which is today...Here's my  card for Bert ($1 from Trader Joe's) which I haven't signed yet...

Plus some cute 80's inspired striped heart earrings that I bought brand new, two pairs for $1 at a local Goodwill (the other pair was the same but with black and white stripes).

Looks like candy, eh!

Recently, I enjoyed a Valentine's drink at Imperial Grounds (full post to follow), "The Sweetie", a pink vanilla mocha with pink whipped cream, gold sugar crystals and a marshmallow heart (flecked with red).

I had to throw this photo in here. Heart theme you know.

(photo from my "Freedom" mural at Einstein Academy" post, December 2016)

It's the return of Gene Simmons and Hello Kitty.

Valentine pez plus other non-Valentine dispensers that are there only because they are pink and/or red. The "love" emoji pez is new.  I wasn't able to get it last year but found it this year, so yay.

Another new Pez is the "Happy Heart Day" pink crystal heart with white stem and pink hearts.

The Kissing Emoji was from last year as well. No Poo emoji!I'm so glad I have a variety of heart colors. There were a few years when they made the heart pez with so many variations that I couldn't even keep up. I only bought the ones that I liked, such as the purple one which is hard to find nowadays.

You'll notice that the stems with hearts on them have no "feet", which means the hearts take up more space because the base is wider.

We're so romantic. This was our dinner courtesy of Costco and Wal-Mart (sauce only). The ravioli was all right. What wasn't so great was that some ravioli filling leaked out when it was boiling so that was a bummer. The lobster flavor wasn't that strong and the filling was super chopped up, as in minced finely.

Plus our dessert as well (bear, courtesy of TC). We shared our slices - strawberry swirl and turtle.



Delicious these slices were!

Valentine's Day fell on a weekday this year and we did NOT want to be out and about and deal with crowds. Instead, we had a nice and quiet night at home. The weekend will be a four day so we will probably go out and explore a few places.

4 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

Could not believe the crowded restaurants last night. Had been in Ramona all afternoon and drove home to Santee about 6:30; lines, cars parked everywhere. Looks like you had a nice quiet evening, cute valentines things...we will celebrate in April.

caninecologne said...

Yes, that's why we don't even bother, haha. I hate lines, waiting, and seeing hordes of people. We ended up watching "Portlandia - Season 3".

Kirbie said...

We stayed at home too, haha! I like all the heart pez

caninecologne said...

Great minds think alike! :)

It's been fun collecting the heart pez over the years. Sometimes I buy some not realizing I already have it, but no worries, I displayed my "doubles" in my office at work.