
this was a different group from the Educator GF's, but equally as loved...
One of them suggested Olive Garden for an early lunch. Yes, believe it or not, I ate at a chain. As they were all administrators, they were already back to work that first week of January. All but me, the lone counselor who didn't have to report until the second week.
I hadn't been to Olive Garden in more than fifteen, maybe twenty years. TC went to this same location last year with her prom date and two other couples. All of the ladies (there were four others) chose the SAME thing (sound familiar?), The Tuscan soup and a salad. This was one of their lunch specials. Our waitress was such a sweet young lady and we found out she was a graduate of our district but hadn't gone to any of the schools we work at.

My iced tea (yes, I was living recklessly that day), and Olive Garden's famous breadsticks, which to me are too bready and just empty and meaningless filler.

My iced tea was raspberry I believe and quite strong. I had to add extra sugar to make it drinkable.
My friends' Tuscan soup with Kale. Imagine this, but times four. Wait, scratch that. One other person ordered minestrone (not pictured), but otherwise...It looked good but I wasn't feeling it for soup.

My lone rebel garden salad without dressing. They went heavy on the croutons it seems.

My mushroom ravioli - there were about five large circular pieces in a delicious creamy sauce, diet be damned.

This was not bad at all but a little on the unhealthy side with the cream sauce, but man, I wanted mushrooms that day, ha ha.
Olive Garden (multiple locations)
585 I St.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 498-1717
www.olivegarden.com
The good thing about going here was that we were able to catch up on our lives plus district gossip. Plus we didn't have to clean up since our previous meet up have been at a friends' home where she would usually make a large breakfast for us. Perhaps this is a start of a new tradition (but maybe not Olive Garden next time).


No comments:
Post a Comment