
Luckily, they are all willing and open minded enough to trust me with today's choices. First, E & Drink, and then here at Surati Farsan Mart, a very non-Western dessert place...
I realize this is a craptastic shot, but wouldja look at this new addition! Apparently, Surati Farsan Mart has expanded their eatery! It's more than twice as big now! The remodeling looks very sleek and modern. On the flat screens, Bollywood movies were playing which was cool!

They were fascinated by the wide array of Indian sweets. I choose a wide assortment for us to sample.

Here they are in the box:

And on a styrofoam plate. This was the exact HALF of what was left in the box. For a description of most of these sweets, please see my previous post which goes into more detail. Plus I am too lazy to write in the detailed descriptions of each sweet again.

Most of us did not like the sweets with the figs in them (like the one with the green center). We liked the milky yellow square and the one topped with almond slivers and chocolate, as well as the cute watermelon looking sweet. The chocolate covered one was also a favorite of ours. The whole box cost $9.
D and TORC got lassis - Mango and Strawberry. I'm not into yogurt or yogurty drinks so I just stuck with plain ole' water.

This was the Rose Kaju Anjir Barfi - a rose flavored kaju sweet with cashew, fig, and almond filling. Silver leaf coats the top of this striking looking sweet.

TORC mentioned to me the other day that she is considering us going here for her upcoming bday lunch! I totally wouldn't mind that at all! It will give us a chance to explore their extensive menu and with most items no more than $4 of $5 each, it will be easy to get a wide assortment to experiment with.


3 comments:
I love that place! My go to dishes are the the chole samosa (can't go wrong with samosa) and the garlic chili dosa (spicy!)I need to try the rest of the menu, but I still keep going to my favorites.
Oh, interesting on the expansion! I need to come back. I haven't been back since our last visit together!
hello IHC - this is my new favorite place too. thanks for your recommendations. i must try those for my next visit!
hi kirbie - yeah, the last time i was there was with you. it's so much more open now that they've exanded.
Post a Comment