"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Number 9...Number 9...

Can it really be....

the 9th Blogaversary of PCaRH?

Yes indeed it is!

My blog is now a 4th grader, haha.  Seriously, NINE years is a long ass time to be doing anything, much less blogging.  What started off  as a lark is now something I enjoy doing simply for the sheer fun of doing new things, whether it's trying new places to eat, visiting a new city or whatever.

My blog isn't always about food and I will occasionally veer off into pop culture land (books, music, history, etc). I've met a lot of good folks over the years through the blog and count many of them as friends in real life now.  I am grateful for the friendships I've made through PCaRH and enjoy receiving tips and recommendations about places to eat and visit.

In addition to the Beatles'  monotonous "Revolution Number Nine", here are a few other songs with the number "9" in the title:

"Riot in Cell Block #9" by the Robins:

This song was featured in John Waters' notorious "Pink Flamingos" (the soundtrack is pretty damn cool actually!) which starred the late great drag queen, Divine.

"Love Potion No. 9" by The Searchers (which was a cover from The Clovers 1959 version):

The Searchers were an English beat group that came out around the same time as the Beatles, capitalizing on the "Merseyside" sound.  The Searchers also sang the song, "Needles and Pins" (penned by a pre-Sonny & Cher Sonny Bono) and later remade by the Ramones.  "Love Potion No. 9" was also the name of a crappy movie starring Sandra Bullock and the now forgotten Tate Donovan (Who? haha)...

"Nine Lives" by Aerosmith:

I think the title of the song is pretty appropriate for Steven Tyler. After all those drugs he took in the 70's ad 80's, he really should've been dead years ago.

"If 6 was 9" by Jimi Hendrix:

My favorite left handed guitarist (besides Paul McCartney). The Jimi Hendrix biopic, "All is By My Side" starring Outkast's Andre 3000 premiered last year at the SXSW Festival. I don't remember it being out in the theaters. I'll have to check Netflix (yes, we succumbed and got it a month or so ago).

Aaand one more blast from the past, Schoolhouse Rock's "Naughty Number Nine" (from Multiplication Rock) which features a totally un-PC cigar smoking cat puffing away like there's no tomorrow:

I loved Schoolhouse Rock's educational videos. Those of you over the age of 40 and who've watched a shitload of morning cartoons as children should at least be familiar with Schoolhouse Rock ("Conjunction Junction (What's Your Function)", "I'm Just a Bill", and "Interjections!" to name a few)...

Previous Anniversary Posts:
Eight - 2014
Seven - 2013
Six - 2012
Five - 2011
Four - 2010
Three - 2009
Two -2008
One -2007

To my blogfriends and other folks who happen upon my blog, thanks for reading!

Here's to 2015 and all of the places I have yet to explore and blather about.  I really do enjoy seeing and experiencing what is out there whether it is with Bert and TC or with my fellow foodblogger friends.  Cheers!

11 comments:

Cathy Doe said...

Congratulations! You are always interesting as well as informative. I've learned so much over the years.

KirkK said...

Awesome CC! Congrats......just think about where some of your readers (and other food bloggers) were when you started!

caninecologne said...

Cathy,
Thank you! I appreciate your kind words! I'm so glad we met through our blogs.

Kirk,
Thanks so much! That means a lot especially since your blog was my inspiration. :)

Faye said...

Congrats for a prosperous 9 years! May you eat lots of yummy stuff to celebrate such a milestone. Gosh - you made it real when you compared it to being a 4th grader! That's a long time to have been blogging so congrats a million times over.

Kirbie said...

Happy 9 years! I'm so glad we got to meet from blogging!

Jinxi said...

Happy 9 years! So glad to have met you through blogging =) Here's to another yummy year!

caninecologne said...

Thank you Faye! I will definitely partake on good eats this year!!!!

Kirbie, likewise! Thank you so much! We've had many memorable meals together!

Thank you Jinxi. I feel the same way. Here's to 2015! One more year til a full decade!

Mary said...

Wow, 9 years!! Congrats, CC! I'm so glad we're friends because of blogging! May your 9th year be full of more delicious discoveries and fun travels.

caninecologne said...

Thank you Mary! I'm happy that we're friends through our shared loved of food documenting, haha. I enjoy swapping travel tips with you too.

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Happy nine years! Mine is coming up in a few months. Can't believe we've been blogging for so long! I miss the camaraderie of the early days. You and Kirk are the few still blogging. Most of my other early blogging friends have quit. And I'm not even blogging that often either.

caninecologne said...

Hi WC - Thank you! I thought of your blogaversary as well since we started the same year and were both inspired by Kirk. I'm so glad we met through our blogs. :)

I haven't been blogging that often, like once a week. But then, I binge blog or post a bunch of posts all at once, or rig the dates so that it looks like I post daily, but I don't.