Here are the chicken fajitas which cooked up quite nicely. Marinated with orange and pineapple juices. I added more orange juice towards the end.

The fixings - limes, chopped onions, radish, guacamole, sour cream and pickled carrots and jalapenos.

Thank goodness for ready made guacamole. Thank you Northgate. My new favorite Mexican store besides Mercado Internacional 2000.

The arracheras (flank meat) were from Costco. I marinated them with sliced onions, beer, salt, pepper and lime juice. Bert grilled it up and it came out pretty good, especially for our first time.

Here's the chicken fajitas again.

Our neighbor brought rice and beans. She said she tried refried beans but wasn't happy with it so she brought black beans instead. Her rice was the best Mexican rice I've ever had. So light and fluffy and moist. I'm serious - the best rice! We also had a green salad out but hardly anyone touched it. They wanted tacos!

I also bought chips and pico de gallo salsa. Our neighbor also brought a cilantro heavy salsa.

She helped grill up the tortillas. These were mini's that I also got at Northgate. We thought the girls would enjoy the small size. I just realized I didn't even take photos of any of the tacos we made. Ooops.

The dessert was the only thing that wasn't Mexican. These were fruit flavored jellies. TC "arranged" these in a tower. The flavors were grape, mango, apple, strawberry and coconut. We also served the Hogetsu mochis (not pictured since I already had a previous post on them).

In addition to a recently unearthed box of Trader Joe's Candy Cane Jo Jo's (wanna be oreos with a crushed peppermint filling), I also made my blueberry cream cheese pastry. Instead of turnovers, I made them into squares. I spread the filling on top of one rectangular sheet, then placed the other sheet on top. The topping was really good - sugar, butter and sliced almonds. Mmmm. Of course, I hijacked the corners so they are not included on this tray.

It was a great evening spent with our neighbors. We ended up playing Scattergories (remember that game?) and then Movies Scene It. The girls had a great time doing Twister as well.


4 comments:
is northgate better than el super? i heart el super!
hi dd - i haven't been to el super (yet). my co-workers love that place! now i want to go check it out!
Sounds fun and the food looked great!
hi lmc - it's always nice sharing dinner with good friend. :)
Post a Comment