"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, January 03, 2011

Mariah's West Wind

Last week during one of the non-rainy days, TC and I headed up north to visit Superman and little Supe. Lunch was near his place at Mariah's in San Marcos.

It's a small family style eatery in a relatively new community, kinda near San Elijo Hills.

Supe's neice was also with us. So, two girls, one small boy and us two grownups. I thought it was funny that the guy serving us (who was super nice) thought we were one family. I made a comment to Supe, yeah, each kid has a different mother!

Supe got the Patty Melt with fries...(those fries were good by the way!)

Little Supe got the pancakes with bacon.

I got a salad with the blue cheese and balsamic dressing on the side. The salad was romain and spinach with dried sweetened cranberries and candied walnuts.  I wanted to eat light because I thought we were going to host dinner that night with N and L. Turns out the dinner was cancelled and I ended up meeting them both the following day at Sammy's in Mission Valley.

My salad had the option of coming with a half sandwich so I got the cheese. This was not that exciting. I can't believe they charges $3.25 for this.

Supe's teeneaged neice got the Pastrami sandwich with fries...

while TC got the Burger with fries. She said the burger wasn't as good as Station Tavern's (which we had last week). Well, no duh!

It was cool seeing Supe again. Plus we got to see his new house. He has a really cool workspace filled with his colorful artwork, bookshelves full of graphic novels and the crowning piece de resistance, a shelf devoted to 100+ Superman dolls action figures. Even though I don't see him that often, Supe is a great friend and one whose advice I trust and opinion I value.We had a fun discussion about John Hughes movies...my favorite of course is "Sixteen Candles" whiles his is "Some Kind of Wonderful" (which is like "Pretty in Pink" in reverse).

Song in the video is by the pop punk band Bowling for Soup, also known for the "Phineas and Ferb" theme song and for their hit "1985".

2 comments:

Darlene said...

So did you like the Spam-flavored nutz???

caninecologne said...

hi darlene - actually we didn't open it yet! we will eat it soon!