You would think we had enough sweets after that ice cream at Lighthouse. Well, think again.
Our original plan was to go to Cupcakes Squared after the beach but Lighthouse ended up being a pleasant impulse visit. We still planned to go here and therefore, we did. It's been about one and a half years since our last

I love this sign!

Some of the offerings looked kinda sparse, probably because it was already after 4:30 p.m. I liked the plate for the mocha cupcakes!

It's pretty small in here. No place to really sit down.

Here's our three. Repeats from 1 1/2 years ago. From the left, Mocha (for Bert; $3), Lilikoi (for me; $3) and Chocolate Peppermint (for TC; $.375; seasonal).

The peppermint flavor was infused in the batter along with crushed peppermint candy on the buttercream frosting. Yummy but messy to eat. We wished we had forks with us.

Bert's cupcake was Mocha flavored throughout as well and topped with a coffee bean and light bchocolate sprinkles.

Although mine was called Lilikoi (passionfruit), the batter was yellow cake (kind of disappointing in a way) with a lilikoi infused buttercream frosting topped with lime zest. I still liked it but it would have been better to have a passionfruit flavored batter.

Ha, you can see a bit of the chocolate frosting on my buttercream frosting!


5 comments:
Oh boy those look delicious! I've never had lilikoi frosting but it sounds delicious since I love passion fruit.
hi cab - i wish the cupcake itself had passionfruit in the batter. but yes, they looked and tasted delicious!
My god girl...I am amazed at how much good postings you can pump out...who doesn't love cupcakes?
hey michael - thanx...more on the way too...
also, i'm glad you gave a shout out to the good ole laurel leaf when you mentioned chicken adobo. that is one of the easiest recipes to make!
Post a Comment