
Lots and lots of blue hairs here. Srsly. Ladies who lunch you know.

I ended up getting something unhealthy.

That happened to be the Chimichanga with rice and beans and a side of guacamole and sour cream. One half was lunch, the other, Bert's dinner. Loved the thinly shredded cheese that was piled high like Donald Trump's toupee. I guess this was a cheese toupee on my chimichanga. And yes, this was quite good! I liked the crispy exterior. The cheese was heavenly. Loved the coolness of the lettuce on the warm fried burrito. Oh yeah.

This was pretty damn brief, eh?
Although there were about 8 of us there for lunch, I didn't feel like doing an photographic incursion on their lunches (ceviche, chile relleno, burrito, carne asada tacos, some metal pot overflowing with seafood and so forth). I was so tempted but there was a long table and it would have been a pain in the @$$ to do it. Thus, only one sad photo of my chimichanga.
Who else at at Murrieta's?
Mary from Foodies: A Southern California Foodblog went here recently! More pix from her post.
They also have really good chips here which come with green and red salsas along with pickled carrots. Muy excelente!


6 comments:
But was it good tasting? I wondered about that place many times.... Cheese mtn is always yummy!
hi dd
Oh yes, it was. i should add that in!
they also have good chips and salsa.
Mmm, mountain of cheese. Seeing your post reminds me of how much I liked their enchiladas!
hi mary - i will have to try the enchiladas next time then! :)
This post was a link to something I was just reading. We have a Murrietta's within walking distance. It is good and yes, the 'older' crowd is there at lunch, because the f-in mariachi band is there most evenings and they do not leave your table until they finish a song and the eating area is so small. Sometimes we go to the bar area just so they won't bother us. I have tried almost all of the menu, which is cheese laden and wonderful.
i would go nuts if i had to hear mariachi music up close and personal. nuts as in crazy, not nuts because i like it!
Post a Comment