So I'm just going to do a wham bam thank you ma'am and get these out nice, dirty and quick.
Last month, Bert and I were down South since TC was over at my parents with the cousins. We figured we'd have dinner with Bert's mom and TC at the local sushi place. This is right off Palm and the 805, Tomodachi.

It's pretty big inside, but not too huge. The sushi bar's in the back. The wall on the left (not shown) is filled with photos of customers and friends. My sis is on there somewhere. The side walls are also lined with booths with open tables for larger parties in the middle.

I think I blogged this before but I'm too lazy to do the link...


This is my MIL's combo bento: the Teriyaki ginger salmon with rice, salad and a few pickled vegetables with beansprouts.

TC had the same thing but with Teriyaki chicken instead...Sorry for the shitty photos.

Bert also had the Terikyaki ginger salmon but this combo had fried seafood along with California roll...Note the tartar sauce. Ugh.

I didn't get a combo. I just got a few rolls - this was the California Roll inside out with masago on top. Ordinary. Nothing too exciting.

I also got a Salmon Skin roll. As I looked at this, I kept thinking something was missing. Halfway through my meal, I realized that those shaved bonito flakes were MIA. No wonder this seemed so naked.

I also got one of their special house rolls. I forgot the name of this but it's named after someone. It was a hot cooked rolls with eel sauce. Crab and/or shrimp was in here. This, I really enjoyed and would probably order again.

And by the way, I didn't eat all these rolls by myself. What kind of pig do you think I am? Ha ha, I also picked off their plates.
The place was packed by the time we left. The food is all right but not the greatest. The people here are super nice though. The sushi isn't spectacular but it's the only place around in Otay Mesa so that's where the locals go because Mexican food places down here are a dime a dozen.


No comments:
Post a Comment