"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Return to Niederfrank's

[Massive posting session - Scroll down for the latest 4 posts]

After our big lunch at Brian's Eatery, we headed South to National City.  This is right off The Mile of Cars Blvd and 8th St, near those two tall buildings (one's a hotel and the other got converted to condos I believe). If you make a left on 8th, make your first left on A Avenue and Niederfrank's is on your left...

TC and I went here earlier that month so we wanted Bert to also try the awesomeness that is Niederfrank's...

We all got one scoop each...At 12 o'clock is Bert's Cappucino Crunch (he loves all coffee flavored things). Then we have TC's red mint chip since she liked mine so much from before. Then we have my cup which was Kahlua Krunch (with toffee bits inside).

The ice cream was so good - I totally want to try all of the chocolate varieties. Eventually, right?

I love these homemade shops. You could taste the difference in quality instead of that crap at Baskin Robbin's and Carvel's (too much air pumped into the ice cream).

Until our next visit...

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I've been wanting to go to Niederfrank's. But again, the time constaint interfers with that. But they also serve Niederfrank's at various ice cream shops around San Diego. But the selection is really limited. Funny that Paul also likes coffee ice cream and if it's mixed in with Kahlua, it's an added plus.

caninecologne said...

hi darlene - yeah, i remember you said that they close at 5!!!! so early and inconvenient for people who work huh. if you do go, you'd like their flavor selection - they have so many choices and they will give samples if you ask.