"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, November 22, 2010

McRib is in Chula Vista!

Hell to the yeah! McRib is now down south at the MCD's in the Canyon Plaza strip mall on Telegraph Canyon Road in CV. Bert told me he saw the sign the night before when he took his mom to Pho Hiep.

I did a bunch of errands that morning/afternoon so I gave in to the urge and headed to McD's with TC. Here's our bad lunch.

I had the McRib; a la carte it's $2.69.  Look at that fake pre-formed pork rib patty. And yes, I loved it. Spongy meat and all.

Let's open it up eh....Looks like they were a bit sparse with the onions there. I'd taken the two pickles off and gave it to TC. The BBQ sauce is also spread unevently. Shit, I feel like I got gypped with the lack of onions in there! It's kind of messy eating this too. I had to use a napkin everytime I put this down.

TC got the Cheddar Onion chicken sandwich ($1.49) which she enjoyed. See those wierd lines at the lower half of the photo? This is from the fkd up camera. I need to learn to use my new one because this one is pissing me off.

This one was just for looks. I bought the Jalapeno and Cheddar chicken sandwich for Bert. Well, I took a couple of bites after taking this photo. The jalapeno slices looked canned and the chicken patty was kind of dry too. He ended up eating it later that night and liked it although the jalapenos were a bit too hot for him.

The other night I made roasted Brussel Sprouts. I bought a couple of bags of them, washed them, sliced off the bottoms and mixed them with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Roasted it for about 30-35 minutes at 350. They came out all right and tasted much better after they cooled down. This was a test run for one of the side dishes I'm making for Thanksgiving at my parents.

Love this song! RIP Doug Fieger and Bruce Gary (lead singer and drummer)...

This song is pure pop perfection!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

You should start a series of posts called the McRib Chronicles. I have yet to try one although I faintly remember having one waaaayyy back in the 80s.

caninecologne said...

hi darlene - hmmmm...i think i am making up for lost time, ha ha. seriously, the mcrib isn't "all that" but i still like it. i never had one when they were new. my daughter tells me there is a similar sandwich they occasionally serve at schools, called the "RIB-BQ".