Hey hey hey...on top of today's Sunday paper was a free coupon for one of McD's new McChicken sandwiches. Last week when we went to Pizzeria Luigi's and Eclipse, I saw a sign on top of the McD's around the corner proclaiming, "McRib is Back!". Fkg A!!!
We were so tempted to go last week but figured we'd get one sooner or later. This coupon gave us just the incentive to go up there. Plus, we were on our way to a wedding reception and I wanted to pick up a little something from Eclipse for the newly weds...Yeah, kill two birds with one stone.


I've never had one of these so I was determined to have one. Luckily for us, we didn't have to drive hundreds of miles like some diehard fans. I read articles about people driving across statelines to get McRibs sandwiches with coolers in their cars so they could buy like ten of them and shit. Wow. Something that inspires this much madness/loyalty intrigued me. Bert remembers McRib when they made a comback the mid-90's but doesn't remember eating his last one.

I took a back table which was unfortunately by the bathrooms. Didn't realize that until I sat down. Kinda grody hearing the toilet flush so many times and kind of getting a whiff whenever the door opened.
Got a back corner table so I could wait for Bert and TC in relative peace and quiet and also so I could take pictures without people staring at me once the food came. The McRib was about $2.90 with tax. With the Cheddar Onion McChicken sandwich being free because of the coupon, each food item was less than $1.50 each. Score. But will my arteries be thanking me later? Most likely not.

Here's that McChicken Cheddar/onion sandwich. I brought a plastic knife from home. I was prepared dude. I cut both sandwiches in half for us to share. Even though we had a wedding reception to go to at 3 up in Dana Point, we hadn't really had lunch and we figured we would have a little snack on the way up. Plus, dinner wasn't going to be served at 3 anyways, so...why the fk not!

Nicely cut in half, eh. Our daughter had one half while Bert had the other. I had just one bite and thought it was okay. TC liked how the chicken had a crunchy texture as well as the flavor of the onions and cheese together.

Here it is - my first one. I cut this one in half too.

Ooh, preformed into a rib slaband precooked spongy pork with bbq sauce topped (unevenly as you can see) with sliced onions and sliced pickles. I happened to get the half without the pickles.

And because I'm really anal and because the last time I did this was when we were in Chicago at Superdawg, I took photos of the box! Wait, I did this last month in S.F. with the "It's-It Ice Cream Sandwiches"!

Ha ha - "boneless" pork! The meat had that spongy texture but I liked it. I don't know if I'd drive hundreds of miles and buy ten of these and stick 'em in a cooler to save for later though.

The bbq sauce was on the mild side.

The last bite of my half. TC ended up eating the other half.

Of the two, I liked the McRib more. TC liked the chicken sandwich. Bert only had a few bites of the McRib but didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. It wasn't like a mindblowing experience, but I still wanted to try one for the hell of it. Been there, done that.
For you San Diegans, there's probably a few other McD's out there that sell the McRib. I didn't see any down south in Chula Vista, IB or National City. This particular McD's is off of El Cajon Blvd. If you are heading west from the 805, it's the street before you hit the Red Fox dining room and Lafayette Hotel. If you hit Alabama Street, you've gone too far. Just across the street (same side) of the McD's is a flower shop. Enjoy your McRib while it's still around.


16 comments:
That's so awesome you brought a plastic fork with you! I've done nerdy things like that myself, haha. Anyhow the McRib is surprisingly tasty and there's all kinds of rumors why McD's just won't put it on the menu permanently. I like the raw onions and pickles cutting through the sweet sauce. I felt the same with you guys about the chicken sandwich. There needs to be at least twice as much grilled onions to make any impact on those rather dry oversized McNugget patty. It only cost a buck-fifty though so, eh... ?
Hey, congrats on 1000 posts CC! That's awesome!
1000 posts, OMG! I'm just closing in on 300 - congrats!
Wow I totally missed that in Bold! Congrats to 1000!
hey dennis - actually it was a plastic knife. ha ha.
the sandwich wasn't neatly put together, with all of the onions and pickles migrated to one side. but that was fine with me anyways. the cost for the McRib itself was about 2.80'ish.
hi kirk - thanks - i can't believe i wrote that much shit.
hi mary - thanks - well, i've been blogging for about 4 years now...
hi dennis - again - thanks. holy fkg shit huh!
OMG!! 1000 posts? Congrats!! You are the pope of pop fer sure sista!!
thanks Michael!!! :) maybe it's because i'm too verbose!
OMG!!!! I almost died when I read this! I LOVE MdRibs!!!! Now I want one :( Thanks! LOL!
P.S. Happy 1000th!! That is quite the milestone, lady! xo
hey girl - thanks! 1000 is a lot of fkg posts, eh!
do they have mcrib on the island?
Doh! I meant to say plastic knife..
I'm only at 300 or so. I need to ask you how you resolved the Picasa max limit you reached last time. Did you have to create another account? Or pay?
hi dennis - i don't use picasa. earlier this year i had some shit with my pix usage being over the limit. i ended up putting my pix on flickr and upgraded (so yeah i paid). i read up on wandering chopsticks blog on how she did it so i followed suit. no more problems.
btw - i also brought a plastic spoon and fork just in case!!! ha ha!
Happy 1000th post!
I've been blogging for a few years now, too, I just have had long stretches of no posts on my blog, haha. It takes dedication to keep on blogging!
hi darlene - thanx! :)
mary - it's sometimes hard to come up with stuff especially since i don't blog about food all the time. but it's a fun thing i like to do and it's hard to explain to my non blogger friends.
Congrats on 1000 posts! I still need to eat the McRib. Normally BF loves it but he got sick of McDonalds after eating too much during the Monopoly game period.
hi kirbie - thanks! :) hope to hear about your mcrib experience!
Post a Comment