Yes indeed readers. Spaghetti Tacos. Doesn't seem so hard does it? Here's the ingredients...

Brown the meat with chopped onions, add the sauce. Don't forget to season the meat with salt and pepper (I also added garlic powder). Boil the noodles. You have to be a total 'tard to screw this up. Spencer from iCarly makes his with meatballs. I just used loose ground beef.

I made mine "fancy" by adding Italian parsley...

Toast taco shells in the oven...(4-5 minutes @ 350 degress)

And stick it in the shells!

Mmmm....

Oooh yeah, the psychedelic version! My eyes! My eyes!

I bought a new (used) camera and was playing with the settings. Still need to figure out how to use it and all the different effects...
So about these spaghetti tacos, they taste all right, but you won't be satisfied with just one taco. It's more like 3 or 4 because spooning the spaghetti into the narrow shells is kind of difficult (I used tongs). The spaghetti strands are long and hang out. You can cut the noodles I suppose, but then it looks kinda ugly. The shells are also narrow and delicate. It's kind of hard to fit in a lot of spaghetti between the brittle shells. If you're careful, the taco shell won't crack. But most likely, it will break if you try to overstuff the taco.
I think I'm better off eating spaghetti in a bowl with tortilla chips on the side (not that I would). I feel like a pig eating 4 tacos tough. The spaghetti that can fit in 4 tacos is about equivalent to 3/4 of a full plate of spaghetti.
For those of you who don't have kids or watch Nickelodeon, 'iCarly' is a show about two best friends who have an online web show. It stars Miranda Cosgrove as "Carly Shay". She was the bossy band manager in "School of Rock" with Jack Black and also the diabolic younger sister in the now defunct Nickelodeon show, "Drake and Josh" before breaking out in this spinoff show. She is TC's favorite actress.
Here's some recent articles about the rising popularity of this creation:
Spaghetti Taco Night Anyone? from Shine and
from the New York Times "Spaghetti Tacos, Silly Enough for Young Eaters"!
So, if you ever decided to make Spaghetti Tacos, that's how ya do it. You're welcome.
Enjoy...


6 comments:
You crack me up cc,
Now that I have no more jobs for the rest of the year I can actually read everyone's posts!
Pasta tacos sounds similar to the pasta sandwiches at Devine Pastabilities. you gotta try this place out.
www.torpasta.com/
hi michael - don't i now...heh heh.
thanks for reading!!! :)
i'll have to check out your rec - thanks!
I don't have kids so I know nothing about spaghetti tacos, but they sound so yummy. =)
hi kirbie - this is a total carb-fest! try it one day. haute cuisine it's not, but it was worth a shot.
FYI - i just bought a different brand of taco shells since we ran out. El Paso brand "Stand and Stuff" shells are much better than the Ortegas that I bought. They actually do stand because of their flat base, are "wider" and can therefore hold more filling, and are crunchier than the first brand.
I've seen a mash-up of spaghetti with other foods (spaghetti sandwiches and spaghetti pizza) but never spaghetti tacos. I agree about seasoning the meat before adding the sauce. It is so important!
hi darlene - ooh, i've never tried those! i think i would like the spaghetti pizza better! anything on a thin crust! i like the tacos because they're crunchy.
Post a Comment