"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Lemon treats from Donut Panic

Our "breakfast" at the Korean wanna be Starbucks kind of sucked. I wanted something else, so being a weekend and all, asked my dear husband if we could go here...

 because one, I wanted something way better than what we had an hour ago, and two, he hadn't been there before, and three, I wanted to see what flavors were available...

Newsflash...I also joined the 21st Century. Gone is my crap (and obselete) phone from the past 6 years. Bert upgraded me to a Samsung Galaxy S5.

I don't know how to use all the bells and whistles yet, but I did learn how to do this (see below)!!!

This was using my phone camera's "effects" (this was the 'pop art' effect). Nifty, eh!

We got to Donut Panic a bit after 9 am which was just right since their vegan donuts are hot and ready after that magical morning hour. This was one of the racks before it was replenished (raspberry, lemon and Bavarian creme filled)...

We got a half dozen (4 at $1.50 each; 2 filled at $2 each/if you buy a dozen, the price drops to $1.25 but we stuck with a half dozen). Included were: lemon and respberry filled, Earl Grey, the vanilla bean (Homer Simpson pink sprinkles), maple bacon (coconut really), and a flavor we hadn't tried before, despite my extreme dislike of lavender, the Lemon lavender.

And here is another view of the box using another cool "effect", this time, the "stardust" effect.

It looks like light from a disco ball! So festive!

We polished off at least two and nibbled on another...

I picked off the lavender pieces for mine but Bert didn't seem to mind it. The lemon flavor was nice and not too tart. I really love the light, fluffy and slightly chewy texture of these donuts.


The Earl Grey:

Lemon Filled:


Mmmmm, lemon....

Previous visit to Donut Panic:
Several weeks ago with Cathy during our "Not Glendora" crawl...

Not sure if I linked this before but here are their social media sites:
FB page
Instagram

It's always fun seeing different flavors everytime we visit!  Congrats again to Linda for being voted "Best Vegan Donuts" in the August 2014 issue of San Diego Magazine (featuring the late great Tony Gwynn on the cover)! It's an honor well deserved!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Woo, you got a new phone! I have the same one :) I don't usually use the camera on though, haha. I saw on her instagram last weekend she had chocolate pb oreo donuts... I hope she makes those again soon so I can try them.

caninecologne said...

Yeah, finally! There are all kinds of neat stuff you can do with the camera phone. I like that it's 16 mp too! I still like using my point and shoot camera much better though.

i saw those choc pb oreo donuts! I want to try that too. Still haven't tried the salted caramel. waiting for that one!

bert wolfe said...

I just wanted to add that these donuts should be eaten at the shop or soon after purchase. They're really good and I like the slight crunch when I bite into them but they don't keep very well.

caninecologne said...

Hi dear, I agree. Best eaten the day of.

Kirbie said...

yay new phone! okay now I want donuts again...

Cathy Doe said...

Welcome to 2014 and new technology; upgraded my phone last week and still haven't figured it all out. The donuts here are great fresh, but still not horrible the next morning, as many are. I still only order two (or sometimes three) so that doesn't happen. Thanks for introducing me; the flavors are magical.

caninecologne said...

Hi Kirbie - Finally, I know! Hope you and your husband get to try this place soon!

Hi Cathy - love the fresh donuts here! i had fun experimenting with those effects on the donut pix.