
So what if my socks don't match? I was up making our traditional New Year's Eve dinner as well as dessert...
Arroz Caldo has got to be one of the easiest recipes ever! This dish is one of my favorite comfort foods. My mom would make a giant pot of this every New Year's Eve and now I am continuing that tradition with my family.

Chop, slice, and mince up an onion, ginger, and garlic. Saute in oil until fragrant. This was the first time I slivered my ginger instead of slicing it into "coins",

Add the 2-3 lbs of chicken and brown. Then you can add 1 and 1/2 cups of rice, along with 8 to 10 cups of water...

Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes. Add patis (fish sauce) and ground black pepper to taste. I ended up putting quite a bit to give this some "umami".
Meanwhile, fry up some minced garlic which will be one of your toppings.

I also had TC slice up some green onion tops and quarter some hard boiled eggs.
Below, our "deluxe" toppings - I was inspired by one of the Lola's from the PASACAT Christmas party. Instead of calamansi, I used some sliced up lemons.

I was so happy because Bert and TC really enjoyed our dinner tonight...

Food = Love, that's what I say! Awww. But seriously, it is.
You may see an earlier post of my recipe for Arroz Caldo here (which wasn't for New Year's Eve ironically). Toppings not included in that recipe post but you can gussy your arroz caldo up any way you like.
Last New Year's Eve dinner was Chicken Long Rice and Cioppino.
Up next, my more successful attempt at another traditional New Year's Eve recipe...


2 comments:
This looks wonderful and pretty simple. I've printed your recipe and will try this soon. Happy New Year!
Hi Cathy - yes, this is a super easy and filling dish. One of my childhood favorites. Let me know how yours comes out! Happy New Year to you too!
Post a Comment