"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ici Ice Cream

Up near Cal on College Street was an ice cream place I wanted us to try, Ici Ice Cream. You'd think we'd be tapped out by now but we weren't. My poor husband. He had to put up with this and he's lactose intolerant. Hopefully he wasn't hunched over the toilet too much during that weekend!

Flavors of the Day:

Ici Ice Cream does everything in small batches, from its ice creams and sorbets to its baked goods like cupcakes and cookies. According to their sign, everything is made from top quality ingredients, many of them local and organic. Their flavors are different everyday as well.

Hmmm, no root beer for me.

I wonder if these were real scoops or plastic?

Ooh, ice cream bombes! Maybe next time!

I loved how they displayed their baked goods. These cake stands and plates with glass domes are so cute!

Here's all three of our scoops. Mine was the lower left - Anise Almond Grappa Raisin (which was excellent), TC had the Nectarine Raspberry Sorbet (of course since she loves fruity flavors) and Bert had the Cinnamon Pecan Swirl.

My ice cream had that faint licorice flavor which went well with the almond and raisin. The Grappa is a grape based liqueur. It was an unusual flavor but I liked it better than the strawberry szechuan peppercorn flavor I had at Humphry Slocombe the other day. I didn't try Bert's since I don't like Cinnamon but he really liked the flavor. He normally likes peanut butter or caramel based flavors but the Cinnamon was what drew him in.

They had some other flavors that sounded intriguing (like the Orange Rosemary Toffee) but I could only take so much ice cream in one day!

It was nice being out of San Diego that weekend. We would be flying out later that evening and we were trying to squeeze in as much as we could.

No comments: