
It was pretty crowded in here but the line moved pretty quickly. The guy working the deli line saw Bert's Charget hat and said he used to live in San Diego (Encinitas). Bert's San Diego sports teams attire seems to always draw conversation no matter where we go.

Lots of baked goodies but we were here for something else.

We got a slice of the special below...

Now THIS is what we wanted. The Chocolate Espresso Twinkie! Oh yeah...

Our drinks:

The pizza slice with sumer squash, red onion, olives, and tomato. This really hit the spot.

But back to those Twinkies. Well, they are not really like Twinkies in taste but in shape only. They are dark chocolate Twinkie shaped cakes filled with espresso cream. The chocolate coating had a Hostess-cupcake like white swirl on top. They were quite decadent. A few bites was all I could take because it was supersweet.

Look at that cross section. Chocolate coating, chocolate cake and espresso cream filling.

Because it was warm, the outside of the Twinkie melted easily when we held it in our greedy hot hands. We had only one and saved the other one for later. Does it look like Bert forgot to wipe?
Since I have such a major sweet tooth, I also got a chocolate croissant. There's something about the buttery and flaky layers of a croissant that I can't resist; even more so when chocolate is involved.

I took a peek into Bette's Ocean View Diner next door. They had an old fashioned jukebox playing oldies. What? No "Superfreak" by Rick James?

Time to walk off some of these calories...

(Slowly but surely I will finish my Day 3 SF posts!)
We already had a full morning and we were having fun driving around,food hopping, and seeing interesting sights.


No comments:
Post a Comment