"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, December 02, 2013

The Haven 3x

It was hard going back to work after having had one week off. Then again, I'm not complaining since some folks might not have had the same luxury. Our mantra at work is...three more (actually two and a half) more weeks!

Last week I gave TC the choice of where to go based on the coupons I had and she chose Kensington...

She said "Kensington" the way Austin Powers says, "Oh....Mrs. Kensington!", hahah....

She wasn't feeling it for Mexican or Ethiopian food, so pizza it was!

It was also a nice visit back to this cute little pizza joint in this cute neighborhood.

We ended up getting two different pizzas to share and take home...

This time, we sat inside...

and enjoyed the huge squiggly mural on the wall!

I had the same thing I had from before, the "Total Package" which had brussels sprouts, caramelized onions, roasted garlic sauce and instead of mozzarella cheese, mascarpone per my request.

OMG, this was so good!!! TC is not a brussels sprouts fan but she liked her slice very much.

TC selected a pizza I hadn't tried before, the PBTO (pesto, candied bacon, tomatoes and caramelized onions with mozzarella cheese.

Man, this was really good! Even better than my slice, I'd say. The candied bacon really made this stand out, along with the pesto.

I liked the crust overall, except for the charred bits (which were few).

Bert, once again, was the lucky recipient of our leftovers. The pizzas were the right size for sharing. Two slices for now and the others for later!

Previous visits to The Haven:
September 2013 and the second one was a few days later!

Our next destination was in  nearby City Heights to try, once again, to find that elusive pastry unicorn known as the cronut...

2 comments:

Mary said...

I just picked up a deal for the Haven because I remembered your review! We almost went to use it this week but ending up not going to Kensington. Hope to try it soon - that candied bacon sounds like all kinds of awesome!

caninecologne said...

HI mary - yeah, you guys should go try out the Haven! their pizzas are really good. i like the vibe there too. candied bacon = yes, i want it.