"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, October 03, 2011

Return to Maye's Empanadas

[Closed]

We were originally going to go here to pick up a couple of empanadas first but instead we went to the Blue TJ Oyster Bar for some fish tacos. We had a lot of leftover food from my mom's bday dinner so we weren't really planning on going out to eat for lunch...

We hadn't been here since last year and noticed that their empanadas are no longer $2 each.

The girl working the counter had never encountered a coupon user before and had some difficulty ringing me up.

We chose our empanada flavors from the cold case with savory flavors (this is the one you see on the left when you walk in; the one on the right are their sweet ones).

They have so many flavors here...

TC chose the BBQ Ribs and I chose the Shrimp Sonora (for Bert). We got it to go (you have a choice of cold/as is or warmed up; we got it cold).

Their crust is so good, very flaky...

I want to know the secret of their crust!

Mmm, ribs...!

2 comments:

Mary said...

We have passed this place so many times to drop off the kids. I always look at it and think, "We should go in there" and then I immediately forget about it.

caninecologne said...

hi mary - if you don't stop by maye's, then try the tj oyster bar a few doors down. .99 fish taco!