S & M?
No, SM, which is a major supermarket in the Philippines.
She gave us Choco-Nut candy with nuts, a wrapped milk candy, and packets of hot chocolate mix.
According to Wikipedia's entry on Pasalubong:
"Pasalubong, a Tagalog word, is a "gift for a relation or friend brought by a traveler returning from a trip," and could also refer to "anything given as a gift to someone on the way home to a certain place."
I was excited to see this, candied pili nuts! The other items are sesame brittle, mini Hany milk chocolate bars with peanuts and Ricor Flat Tops chocolate candy.
These nuts are so buttery! I love them!
More please!
This candy was foil wrapped then wrapped again in cellophane. It tasted like condensed milk with caramel. The texture was soft.
This was a small tablet of chocolate which had a faint chocolate taste. It doesn't taste like the chocolate that I'm used to. I've found that the chocolate from the Philippines have this kind of texture and taste. It's hard to describe. In any case, I wasn't a fan of this candy.
These candies can be found in the local Filipino food stores. Again, it's got that not so chocolatey taste. There are bits of peanuts in here as well. Slightly better than the flat tops candy. The chocolate is also quite crumbly making it kind of messy to eat. I like opening them and getting a non-broken piece. It's like getting a golden ticket from Willy Wonka.
We haven't tried the hot chocolate mix yet. I guess we'll save that for a rainy day. The sesame candy was gone in like two seconds. It's just like nut brittle but with sesame seeds. Delicious! Thanks to my cousin that I've met only once over 30 years ago!

No comments:
Post a Comment