Man, I need some new plates. We've had these since we got married and they are so very 90's! I cropped out the chipped edges...
But enough of me bitching about my dinnerware. Let's look at these delicious pancakes. Bert did a great job with them. He added mini chocolate chips into the mix, which made them denser than he expected. That's alright though. The chips gave the pancakes that extra chocolate kick!
A few days ago I was cleaning out the pantry and came across this container of "Cajeta", which is goat milk caramel. One of my co-workers gave this to me several years ago. It actually expired earlier this year but I figured, it was never opened, so it was probably still good. I mean, I'm sitting here typing this and I haven't keeled over from food poisoning or had a horrible experience on the toilet, so I guess it was still "safe".
The caramel came out quite thick. TC really liked how it tasted.
I think Bert had cajeta overload here. The spout opening was kind of large and too much came out. He didn't care. He loves caramel anything. I'm getting a cavity just looking at this.
I didn't like the taste of the cajeta. It tasted too "goaty" to me. Not a fan of goat anything actually (goat cheese, milk, meat, or or cajeta). I still wanted to give it a go and choked down one small piece of pancake with the cajeta. If you like goat cheese, you would probably enjoy the cajeta. You can get this at any Mexican grocery store (she got it at Mercado Internacional 2000) like Northgate or Pancho Villa's.
C, if you're reading this, please send us more homemade maple syrup from Manitoulin Island! We loved your syrup!

2 comments:
I feel the same way about goat cheese. It tastes just sooooo... weird to me. Plus goats have those rectangle pupils.
But I love that Bert added cocoa power to the pancake mix. I'll have to try that!
hi darlene - i have bad memories of my friend's billygoat that head butted my thigh (in canada).
cocoa powder, yes! we didn't have chocolate milk which you could also use so we made do with what we had.
Post a Comment