
It was 10:30 pm and we were pretty damn hungry. The show started at 7 but we all had late lunches earlier that day. TC was off doing a performance and I was at Miramar College for the 3rd "Filipinos in San Diego" book signing (I met Councilman Todd Gloria!), to be blogged about later. Plus I took some gnarly photos of my friend's balut. Yumm-may!
I was already thinking of where to eat during the last half of the dance performance. This one couple had a real brat of a daughter. She was kinda obese, looked to be about 3 or 4 and was being "hand fed" by her parents who looked like they didn't give a shit about what she was doing. She threw tantrums and whined and screamed until she got her way. People were looking at them like, "Hey, shut your kid up!" and all. They let her walk around and chew her food and eat and play on the fkg floor. I'm sorry, but that's just shitty and lazy child management/parenting skills. I don't believe in giving in to tantrums (thank goodness TC rarely did that to us; she knew we were no-nonsense types and were both consistent). I don't believe in kids walking around and eating either. Hhey, now, that's just an invitation to choke and it's poor manners in my opinions. You know I think, well, they should just sit their asses down and eat properly not like an unleashed animal. Kids shouldn't be hand fed either unless they are physically unable to. Handicapped? Quadriplegic? Armless? Then, yes, hand feed your kid. A restaurant is not a fkg playground either. Be my guest if you want to play and lie down on the filthy floor.
And now let me tell you how I REALLY FEEL!....wait, I just did! My rant against brats and lazy parents is now over.

TC got the kid's meal/cheeseburger/fries with some dragon toy. A toy she will probably never play with from a movie she's never watched.

Bert got the "Carl's Catch" which was a Fish Sandwich. He thought it was pretty good ("tasty"); the sauce was tartar. (There is a line in the Simpsons where Montgomery Burns mutters, "Let the fools have their...tar-tar sauce....then he laughs evilly; that's what I think of whenever tartar sauce is mentioned)

I got the Happy Star without pickles. Sorry for the crappy photo, eh. The first few bites were good because it was warm, but after a few minutes, it got cold and tasteless fast. I must remember this next time (if there IS a next time). It's like not learning the first time that something isn't that good, but I wanted the plainest thing they had. Everything else had cheese or peppers or bacon in it.

On another note, I wore my Kenneth Cole Reaction boots that night. Despite their fierce cockroach killing appearance, they are quite comfortable to walk in. My feet or toes aren't pinched at all. The heel is about 3", so it's not that tall. I have other shoes that are 4" to 4 1/2" (a few 5" with a slight platform) high. But with the rain and cold lately, it's now boot wearing weather.

Since it was kinda late, the guy didn't bother giving Bert a number for our table. I totally forgot about those (ha ha! 69 dude!). It's been awhile since I'd been to a Carl's. In the early 80's, I used to think they had really good fries because they were thick and crinkle cut. Then they changed it. Now they are regular looking shoestring fries and don't seem as good. If I had to pick which fast food place has the best fries, I'd choose McD's (classic) and Rally's (Rally's are seasoned).
Since I'm on a fast food post here, I've never eaten at Del Taco or Arby's. I just might try it since I have coupons...Bert likes the Arby's beef sandwiches. There's an Arby's by the Eastlake Vons. Any recommendations on eats from those two joints?


2 comments:
If you haven't been in so long, you have not had the joy that is the Breakfast Burger from Carl's. How sad.
Arby's- regular roast beef sandwich. Buy them by the bulk if that location has them on sale (used to be 5 for $5)...reheats in 20 seconds. Use both Arby's Sauce ad Horsey Sauce...
Del Taco- small red, small green and small quesedilla. ~$3.50 (bean burritos). Real cheddar cheese quesedilla. Also the breakfast quesedilla- cheese, bacon, egg. Oh the soft chicken tacoes (3 for $2.09 or so on Thursdays. Addictive...
hi cathy - thanks for the rec's. i amw aiting for those $5 for 5 coupons for arby's! mmmm...
i normally don't go out for breakfast, but i do like ordering breakfast items at various cafes...
thanks again and ha ha, i finally went to leocynn's after reading yourpost 3 years ago!
Post a Comment