Alaskan King crab legs:
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Soul Food + Filipino Food
St. Patrick's Day was pretty damn busy. After TC's CCD class, we went to my friend's son's bday party. A veritable feast that was!
Alaskan King crab legs:
Mini lumpia + pan de sal (for the non rice eaters)
Garlic shrimp (which I didn't try but I'm sure they were good!) & homemade chicken adobo (looks like the kind I make - wings only!)
Pancit bihon:
These meats were catered from Croom's in Chula Vista. Clockwise from top left: spicy links, bbq chicken, bbq beef ribs and bbq tri-tip.
Mac 'n cheese & baked beans:
Homemade collard greens with ham (made by my friend's husband; he used his family recipe from Alabama):
This was Bert's first plate. Oh yes, the corn bread was also from Croom's.
There was also a special appearance by Spongebob himself:
This table had a bit of everything. The top row had some sort of puff pastry with cream cheese inside (mmm) & meat empanadas. The bottom row was candied yams & Filipino style macaroni salad. You could also see part of the birthday cake which was chocolate with banana filling.
This wasn't the end of St. Patrick's Day. Luckily, I paced myself and did not eat too much because we were set to go over to Thor (formerly known as "Shogun") and Lotus's place for homemade burgers...
Alaskan King crab legs:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow! That does look like one heck of a feast!!! Canine, I absolutely love reading your blog and seeing all those great photos!
Hmmm...why am I all of a sudden really hungry? LOL!
PS. That was one crazy huge crab leg!!!
yeah, that was a huuuuge crab leg! they must have shelled out the bucks for that.
Canine, its been years since I've been to Croom's. It looks really good; I think I'll pay them a visit soon.
HF, when is your spring break? I'm off the week of April 2 - Let's go out for lunch like we did in the summer. Maybe we can go to Croom's...
Canine, regarding lunch at Croom's, let me get with you on that; Screg and I might be out of town that week.
okay...if not, then the next break!
have u tried phil's bbq in mission hills (on goldfinch)? i heard their bbq is good too.
oh yeah, definitely, huffman's too.
Oh my gosh, Screg and I have been to Phil's so many times. They are doing so well that they just opened another location on Sports Arena Blvd. So far, they are the best Bar B Que in town, better than Huffman's in my opinion.
I'm going to have to talk to the owner again because, I asked him years ago why they don't have Bar B Q Hot Links and he told me that they didn't have the room for it on their grill; but when they extend their location they would consider it.
We went to their new location a couple of weeks ago and its Hugh compared to the Goldfinch location; it’s where “Soup, Salad, Etc” use to be which later turned into a Steak house and folded; in the square with Red Lobster & Men’s Fashion Depot. Well, we didn’t see Hot Links on the menu. The next time I see the owner, I’ll have to ask him about that.
kick his ass if they don't have bbq hot links!
phil's is better than huffmans? i'll take your word at that. you are the expert! i want to have some bbq ribs now!
Post a Comment