On our way back to SD, we saw the former Mexican President and First Lady at George Bush International Airport. If we hadn't decided to get a little something at Starbucks, we wouldn't have seen President Fox. One of my co-workers recognized his wife. She whispered to her husband (who came along with us on our trip) that she looked like President Fox's wife. Then a man turned around and sure enough, it was him! He's pretty tall, by the way!
They asked him (in Spanish) if it was okay to take a photo and he graciously agreed. His wife was quite nice and even gave my co-worker a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I cropped out my co-worker and her husband actually. Note the "ghost orb" (cue "Twilight Zone" music). Luckily the surrounding customers folks at Starbucks paid no heed to this minor excitement. So no one mobbed him for more photos or autographs. For former dignitaries, they were a very low key couple. No bodyguards (that we noticed), but just his family having coffee and snacks at an airport Starbucks.


6 comments:
Hey, that's cool. I never get to see a celeb by accident. The again I pay so little attention to the common media that I don't recognize anyone. I did hear that I looked like Martin Sheen from a distance once. Is as close as I came.
how about baby-faced Christopher Walken?
you seem to resemble him from certain angles
what?!
what angle would that be?
i loved them in the movie, "the danger zone"!
Did he have anyone else with them? It's seems hard to believe that the past leader of a nation would be traveling without some sort of entourage.
mr. fox did not have an entourage, unless you count his family. it was just him, his (2nd) wife, and two of his (teenage? or early 20's) kids, plus one older woman. they were just kicking back.
thane - i think it's your eyes that remind me of christopher walken. he has a more angular face, but like i said, a baby-faced christopher walken.
so...little man...i give this watch to you!
WOW! That is SO cool!!!
Post a Comment