After a long day at work registering squirrely 8th graders at the middle school, I drove home blasting my favorite new CD,
Uncreation, by local San Diego metal band,
Benedictum (produced by ex-Dokken bassist, Jeff Pilson). Holy shit man! The female lead singer sounds just like
Ronnie James Dio! And for most people, that's pretty damn scary! This woman has got some lungs on her! Incidentally, she actually did front a Dio/Sabbath (Dio-era not Ozzy-era) cover band in the past. To put it in a nutshell, this CD rocks and kicks major ass!!! Several of my favorites cuts include: "Wicca", "Benedictum" (she sings in Latin for the most part in this song! Pure evil!), "Misogyny" and their brilliant and faithful cover of Sabbath's "The Mob Rules". How'd you like to ride in MY car? Heh heh! Fk all that radio friendly shit!
Besides
The Iron Maidens, Benedictum has been my favorite CD to listen to lately. Well, as long as TC isn't in my car. She's a little too young for metal...
Anyhow, after I got my mail, I noticed a package sitting on my porch (it's pictured here in TC's study room/library/loft). Luckily it wasn't raining like last week, but warm (but humid) instead. Could it be.....?

Yes! It was the package sent by my blogfriend Christine from
Life on Manitoulin:

Ooh, I love the beautiful stamps! Looks like a lady slipper orchid (paphiopedilum)...

No, she did not sent me a big box of mints!

It was a Canadian care package! How very sweet and thoughtful!!!

These are Herbs for bread dipping (from a company in Ontario), so now I need to buy some crusty french bread so Bert, TC and I can try this! YOu have to mix the herbs with olive oil. The instructions actually say to use Garlic Flavored Olive Oil and as a matter of fact, I have some in the pantry!

Here it is opened up:

This candy is by Jones Soda Co. which is is the same company that makes those flavored sodas. that you can buy is the higher end grocery stores or at Cost Plus World Market. Can you believe that they make Thanksgiving-themed flavored sodas during the holidays? Imagine, chugging down a Turkey and Gravy flavored soda? Or mashed potatoes? Gross! They do make cranbery and that's probably the most "normal" Thanksgiving flavor. I actually saw a feature on this company on Food TV's "Unwrapped". The brand that makes this is Big Sky, based in Toronto and Chrissy's friend is one of the owners.


She also sent some local-made soaps. The Island one is their signature soap and the other, on the right, is her favorite, Oatmeal, Milk & Honey. Can't wait to try these!

This soap is for TC!

Lastly, two scrubbers, which I actually needed! Everytime I do my dishes or scrub potatoes, I will think of you Chrissy! Thank you!
2 comments:
LOL! Sweeeeeeeeet! Hubby and I were laughing because it seems that you were quite taken with the postage stamps!!! LOL :) You are too cute! They are pretty though, aren't they?
I'm glad you liked your care package! Let me know what you and TC think of the soaps once you've tried them!
i like foreign stamps!
Post a Comment