"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, March 16, 2007

More Than a Feeling...

A belated R.I.P. to one of rock's best singers, Brad Delp from one of my favorite bands of all time, Boston. Brad Delp is pictured on the far left.


What a sad and tragic ending for such a talented singer.
More Than a Feeling
From their debut album, "Boston" (1978)
Lyrics by Tom Scholz
I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away
(Chorus)
It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)'
'Till I see Marianne walk away
I see my Marianne walkin' away
So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky
It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
And I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
'Till I see Marianne walk away
I see my Marianne walkin' away
(guitar solo)
When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped away, she slipped away
It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
And I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
'Till I see Marianne walk away

7 comments:

HotFudge said...

Thanks for supplying the words to this song.

caninecologne said...

you're welcome.

i found that out that i was singing it so wrong all these years.


lyrics.com

ScregMan said...

One of THE BEST DAMN rock songs ever recorded...

ScregMan said...

I wish they'd release a LIVE album. I'm sure they had recorders going during their concerts.

They sounded just as good now as when they first came out...

caninecologne said...

ronin
a near perfect, if not perfect song that was and still is.

i'm sure there are bootleg boston tapes somewhere but the quality probably sux

if there isn't any legit live material, what a loss.

ScregMan said...

Just curious, Canine...

What part(s) were you singing wrong?

caninecologne said...

ronin
well, the part where delp sings,

It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)

That's the part...I never sang the part "they used to play" because it sounded like a mumble to me. so, all i sang was, "when I hear that old song....more than a feeling"

i also butchered 'don't look back' too.here are the correct lyrics:

I finally see the dawn arriving
I see beyond the road I'm driving

here's what i sang:

Ah---finally see the golden rabbit!

i knew it was SO WRONG, but as an 8 year told, it sounded fine to me!