
so we went here for a bite to eat to kill time and also because we were hungry...
This is Cali Baguette on El Cajon Blvd. There used to be a spot in Chula Vista...

but it was replaced by Pho Ca Dao.
When we walked in to Cali Baguette, I immediately recognized this statue!


Here is an older photo of it when it used to be in the CV location...Yes, randomly in the middle of the dining area.

(photo from my "Cali Baguette Pho, Chula Vista post, Dec. 2015)
I'm pretty sure it's the same because it had the same patina markings.

(photo from my "Egg banh mi sandwiches from Cali Baguette" June 2016
display
Only I would notice minute shit like this, ha ha.
Anyhow, we each got a banh mi plus one to go for TC to eat later.


Same map as the one that was at the CV spot (unless all of their locations had the same wall decor, who knows).

VN iced coffee for Bert. Egg and pork banh mis for us.

I miss having this type of filling, the fried egg. No one does it like this down south.


The pork was pretty tasty as well.
Cali Baguette Express
5125 El Cajon Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92115
(619) 286-8888
www.calibaguete.com + reviews from that four lettered site
It was funny seeing those statues again. One of my older posts describes how some unruly children were running around the restaurant and playing with the statue. It just seems so random!

No comments:
Post a Comment