"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Saturday, March 02, 2019

Another look at these murals in Paradise Hills - "Succulent Landscape" + "Radiating Vibrance"

The rain had abated and the skies were a glorious gray...

with nice and even lighting throughout...

which was perfect to capture the beauty of this lovely mural titled, "Succulent Landscape" in Paradise Hills. We were on our way for coffee to see the remodel at Project Reo Collective (PRC). In fact, the mural's creator, Selina Calvo is one of the five families that co-own PRC.

I'll let the pix do the talking...






Across the street is another mural which I've previously posted on, "Radiating Vibrance" (designed by Selina's husband, Enrique Lugo aka @chikle79 on IG.  This mural is on this market's south facing wall.

Bert is always on the lookout for pay phones, many of which are defunct, like this one.

This Reo Drive sign is new.  The past times I've photographed this mural, the lot was fenced and locked. Not this time, to my surprise. And yes, even though it was open, I was still kind of wary because there was a sign that said, "Private Property" (yikes). I made this photo shoot as quickly as possible. I didn't see any security cameras but still...It was great to finally see this mural up close and in all of it's brilliant glory:







Previous post on "Succulent Landscape":
July 2017

Previous post on "Radiating Vibrance":
June 2017

Hoping to see even more art in this neighborhood in the coming years. Up next, coffee!

No comments: