Our next stop was the
Bonneville Dam and
Fish Hatchery (fascinating, actually). KD told me about this place and since it was on our way, we had to see check it out. I'd never been to a dam before.
Here is my daughter making a "bucktooth" face which is funny because at the time, she only had one front tooth. She is also doing something wierd with her hands - pretending they are claws. Lately, she's been making funny faces into the camera...you know, crazy eyes, bugged out stares, open mouth with tongue hanging out...

Fountain near the gift shop:

Exhibit about life cycle of fish:

Models of native fish:

More fish!

More fish info. In another building there are actually people who count the fish as they go by. There is a pathway in which the fish travel and there are workers who will click some device when they pass by as well as determine what species they are. Since it was the off season, there were hardly any fish there, maybe just one or two stragglers meandering through the water.

There is an exhibit with this huuge sturgeon...the same type of fish that Russians use for their eggs for caviar...

Here he is...what an ugly beast. He actually has a name. Herman the Sturgeon.

This is the same exhibit but viewed from a bridge outside...

by the fish ponds...

The Egg Incubation Building -

For a quarter you can buy a handful of fish food...

which you can throw to the fish in the tanks below...

Bert and TC feeding the fish...

Bert in front of some sort of turbine...if I'm wrong, please correct me!

TC enjoying the views...

The Washington side which is North of the Columbia River...

My lone photo of the Bonneville Dam...well, I had more but I'm in them and I'm too lazy to do my crude spray paint over the face treatment...

Next up...Dinner at Pok Pok!
No comments:
Post a Comment