"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Friday, April 12, 2019

Pre-Birthday Highlights

I know it's been a while since I blogged but we were in the midst of a remodel.

Through the magic of backdating (this is really 5/16 folks...), I will be posting highlights from my milestone birthday last month...

(passing by the deactivated San Onofre nuclear power plant, but I just call it the "tits")

in which Bert, myself and TC took a Friday off to spend a 3-day weekend in the OC and LA...



My real birthday wouldn't be 'til the lucky 13th.

Here is just one shot of each stop today. Full posts to follow.

Ginger ristretto at a new (to us) coffee shop in San Clemente:

In Costa Mesa, TC called lunch at this Korean wings spot:

I selected a random Vietnamese bakery in Garden Grove for some snacks (this is pate chaud):

We made a small detour at the Seal Beach Pier and killed time in the area...

Before heading out to a "modern Filipino inspired" restaurant in Santa Ana. We made it in time for happy hour...

Whatever you've thought or felt about Filipino food will be changed by this place...

Bert's two older brothers met us for my pre-bday dinner where we enjoyed some Happy Hour appetizers (one of many):

I'll save the dinner pix for the full on post.

This was one of the trio of desserts we ordered...


I can't wait to put all these posts out.  The theme for my bday weekend was to visit as many of the hot and new modern Filipino owned and operated spots in LA, or in the case of this night, in the OC.

Am still going to finish the last two days of last year's Portland trip. They have been languishing for sure.

It's been hard to blog when your house is being renovated. After twenty one years here, we finally bit the bullet to fix downstairs (upstairs is another story and will have to wait a year or more to be fixed). My normal blogging spot was downstairs but when the carpet is ripped up and the furniture gone (we sold our old set), I was too discouraged to even do anything while the house was in such disarray.

It's May now (although this is dated 4/12) and most of downstairs is now presentable and comfortable again...

More posts to come...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

At long last. Your readers do not wait in vain for your posts. Congratulations on the renovation!!! Home sweet home. Welcome back! And Happy belated birthday!!!

caninecologne said...

Jenn, thank you for visiting and for reading. Thank you for your kind words. The renovations is pretty much done. We just have to buy a few furniture and accent pieces to make the rooms look more complete but am not in a rush to do so.