
(heading west on the 52 towards Convoy St.)
the best BF ever as well as trusty driver and willing accomplice in obtaining extra free calendars (but more on that later...)...
We utilized this coupon here because saving money is always good, right?


After reading Kirk and Cathy's recent posts (linked at the end)...it was high time to make my way here and what better companion than Astroboi. We got there around 9'ish...hardly anyone there, which I personally like.

This used to be a sports bar; it is very spacious with spare hipsteresque decor with blue accents.



Our breakfast:

Astroboi got the French omelette (mushrooms with chicken, bacon and green onions garnished with olives and avocado on top); blue cheese on the side (which was untouched because blue cheese = barf) and extra crisp (his request) hash browns. I had the Deli Scrambled Eggs (my choice of meat was corned beef) with hash browns. Both of our entrees came with toast; we both chose sourdough. They are generous with the butters here too. Four! one for each slice if you are so inclined.

Blue cheese = stanky nuggets of horrid putrefaction

My new favorite shirt from Project Reo Collective (only $15) and lookin' fly with the Old English font.


The corned beef was thinly sliced. The other meat choices were pastrami and salami. Corned beef always wins out for me. This was a generous portion of eggs too with enough for leftovers...
Who else has been to Elijah's?
Kirk was there earlier this year as well as Cathy, both of mmm-yoso (her post also links Kirk's previous Elijah's visits)
Elijah's Restaurant and Delicatessen
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 455-1461
www.elijahsrestaurant.com + reviews from you know where
I have a few more coupons for this place (they expire next year, so yay). I'll have to bring Bert here in the near future. In all, it was a fun first day of winter break spent with one of my favorite people. We hit up at least five to six different ethnic markets in Kearny Mesa, Mira Mesa AND Linda Vista for the main reason of getting calendars for my good friend Cathy (that should be a post in itself). In some cases, we ended up with more than one, or two, heh heh, thanks to Astroboi's fleet fingered skillz.
Can't wait for my next date with Astroboi...

4 comments:
I'm sure Cathy will love those calendars! Glad you got to check out Elijah's.
Yes she definitely will. It's become a personal challenge to amass as many as I can, ha ha.
The folks are nice at Elijah's. I need to try their potato pancakes next time.
The Mister and I also got a few calendars, but many places didn't have any yet...and some (99Ranch) were already out (we did get one)...I think a few places don't do calendars until after Christmas Day; more shopping! ELijah's is pretty good. Going to try one of the Early Birds next time.
Heh, just a "few"... :)
Mercado Internacional didn't have them yet and our 99 Ranch already ran out as of last week, according to the cashier I spoke with.
I am still on the lookout for you. There's a taco shop in IB that has an intensely religious calendar (Catholic) and that one bakery we went to last year that gave us so many nice choices.
Post a Comment